Post-Game Talk: Game VII: Shot down by the jets

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
rkRpj6.gif

Eller has been solid this year. Moving on.....

Reactions: hn777

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
rkRpj6.gif

Eller has been solid this year. Moving on.....
I mean good for him for scoring two but his the reason his second goal was even needed was because he made a terrible play on the Jets 3rd goal.

Another guy that talks a big game to the media about what the Pens should do and then goes out and makes the same mistakes everyone else does.

Reactions: Gurglesons

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Y'know, that wasn't the worst loss. They came out flat, had a good second period and only one of the Jets' 3 in that period (the last one) was bad. On the "Deserve to Win O-Meter" the Pens were a slight favorite to win. This game only looks awful because we've been dog shit in 3 other losses this season.

With that said, we can't just continue surrendering 35-40 shots per game. We are also giving up the most goals of any time in the league despite having pretty damn good goaltending (outside of Jarry) thus far.

Reactions: pi314

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Y'know, that wasn't the worst loss. They came out flat, had a good second period and only one of the Jets' 3 in that period (the last one) was bad. On the "Deserve to Win O-Meter" the Pens were a slight favorite to win. This game only looks awful because we've been dog shit in 3 other losses this season.

With that said, we can't just continue surrendering 35-40 shots per game. We are also giving up the most goals of any time in the league despite having pretty damn good goaltending (outside of Jarry) thus far.
I can't really agree with this. The Pens gave up 5 (EN aside) and they looked every bit like they deserved to give up that many.

They can't defend at all.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
I can't really agree with this. The Pens gave up 5 (EN aside) and they looked every bit like they deserved to give up that many.

They can't defend at all.
Agreed that they can't defend for shit. But I dunno, they had good stretches, and the metrics say they were a slight favorite to win. In our other losses this season, here were their "deserve to win" percentages:

21% (NYR)
44% (Toronto)
14% (Carolina)

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

I used to follow your line of thinking not any more. This is as great of game as they can play, with this coach and this defense, and it was good only for 6:3, that requires a major blow up

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Puustinen needs to show something btw. And no I don't care that Sullivan is misusing him. Hayes, DOC, and Eller find ways to score goals despite getting the same shit assignments.

He's just not that good.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
  • Ned couldn't hold it down behind this shit coach's shit system. Shocker to the dimwitted.
  • Same shit defense, same shit usage, we'll get to see this at the same Bat Time every time!
  • Crosby basically gave up a few times, he never gave up this much even when he looked off under MJ.
  • Rust is just...what a shit show.
  • Eller, bless your heart mate. Please keep playing like this so you can get out of here and be happy with a team that has a coach that isn't a dipshit.
  • Who knew using an offensive winger on the 4th line would be a bad idea? *Everyone but Sullivan and Pancake raises their hand*
  • Pens controlled the game for maybe 10mins out of 60. Somehow Sullivan will find it impressive with typical quotes about liking this and blah blah. Same shit every time.
  • Pens have allowed 5 goals against per game against the better teams while scoring 1.25 per game in those 4.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I think they ride it out trade deadline. Trade every vet they can get something for and bring up a bunch of young guys.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Agreed that they can't defend for shit. But I dunno, they had good stretches, and the metrics say they were a slight favorite to win. In our other losses this season, here were their "deserve to win" percentages:

21% (NYR)
44% (Toronto)
14% (Carolina)
They had their one good period like they've been able to do in most games this year. But got outplayed for 40 out of 60 minutes.

Same shit vs Toronto. They had a great first vs Toronto and then got shit on for 40 minutes. Against Winnipeg their good period was the 2nd but that's all they had.

Reactions: vodeni and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think they ride it out trade deadline. Trade every vet they can get something for and bring up a bunch of young guys.
Yeah, they should do it well before the TDL…give it until Christmas and if our record is as bad as I suspect, start the auction…lol

Reactions: eXile3

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
  • Who knew using an offensive winger on the 4th line would be a bad idea? *Everyone but Sullivan and Pancake raises their hand*
Lmao go get shit on by Josh Yohe on twitter a little more defending your goalie who is so bad that he's a third stringer on a team that gives up 4 goals/game :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Puustinen needs to show something btw. And no I don't care that Sullivan is misusing him. Hayes, DOC, and Eller find ways to score goals despite getting the same shit assignments.

He's just not that good.
You zeroed in on a player that hasn't played at all this season until now and right into the usage that doesn't fit his game and made it painfully obvious how petty you truly are.

Of the many issues in this game with this team, this is what you chose to say after this game. Sullivan would be proud. There's a lot to be mad about with this team but a player that is misused and dressed for the first time this season, that ain't it you f***ing moron.

Reactions: metalan2

BobCole

May 21, 2014
I used to follow your line of thinking not any more. This is as great of game as they can play, with this coach and this defense, and it was good only for 6:3, that requires a major blow up
I agree with this

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
So the Pens obviously aren't easy to play behind this season and it's been just one start for Ned and three for Jarry...but still, Blomqvist has looked like the lone capable goalie so far. Do the Pens still send him down or are they prepared to keep three goalies for now, maybe even waive one of the other two down the road if Blomqvist keeps impressing? Should be interesting to see.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
They had their one good period like they've been able to do in most games this year. But got outplayed for 40 out of 60 minutes.

Same shit vs Toronto. They had a great first vs Toronto and then got shit on for 40 minutes. Against Winnipeg their good period was the 2nd but that's all they had.
I thought they played them pretty evenly in the final 45 minutes of the game. To be clear, I'm not saying that's "good," just better than they've been in other losses this season.

I still think major changes are warranted. I'm just saying that that game in isolation wasn't a tire fire like some of their other losses thus far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad