GDT: Game VII 1500hrs EST: Pens vs Flying Machines

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i would have zero problem with benching bunting if it was because the coach was a hard ass who won’t accept failure. but we know that’s not it, he let smith ride on malkin’s line for months last year. it’s obviously because he’s gotten into some personal spat with bunting, as he has with other fiery and outspoken players over the years

Reactions: reino

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Beauvillier actually has 2 goals this year while Bunting has none.
Outside of those two goals.........they play has died on Beavers stick. Bunting had one really back game... but against the Canes, tell me exactly who had a a good game? That entire lineup was holding the Canes pockets.

i would have zero problem with benching bunting if it was because the coach was a hard ass who won’t accept failure. but we know that’s not it, he let smith ride on malkin’s line for months last year. it’s obviously because he’s gotten into some personal spat with bunting, as he has with other fiery and outspoken players over the years
THIS

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Yet has substantial better advance stats than Beau. Bunting has been awful and I dont mind the benching but Sullivan keeping line one intact is so much worse.

Line one has been arguably the worst line, when it needs to be the best. Yet they have done nothing to try and fix that.

It is just more of Sullivan's selective accountability.
TM that phrase.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
I love how Sully has his whipping boys... he seems hellbent on destroying Wing's careers that he doesn't like. What he did to Kap was bordering on criminality. With a different coach this team would have competed for championships the last 5 years.

The fwd group should have included Kap, Sprong, McCann, Jake and Rust.

FLOP
Kap sucks ass. 6 goals, 22 points in 73 games last year away from sully. Kap's problem is he's more concerned with the playboy lifestyle than he is hockey.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Kap sucks ass. 6 goals, 22 points in 73 games last year away from sully. Kap's problem is he's more concerned with the playboy lifestyle than he is hockey.
honestly, given how boring the styles of hockey his "teams" have had, i'd be more into getting laid and getting paid than getting good too.

In one game and has done jack since. One was not even a shot on net and he got lucky the defender kicked it in. Beauvillier looks lost out there and line one is awful.
Beau has a better math aura.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
For some reason I thought they had already announced Blomqvist as the starting goalie. I must have made that up

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
In one game and has done jack since. One was not even a shot on net and he got lucky the defender kicked it in. Beauvillier looks lost out there and line one is awful.

Outside of those two goals.........they play has died on Beavers stick. Bunting had one really back game... but against the Canes, tell me exactly who had a a good game? That entire lineup was holding the Canes pockets.

Yeah and those 2 goals and nothing since is more than Bunting's nothing the entire season.

Bunting being scratched is 100% warranted.

Yeah he's a guy I'm actually slightly surprised is still in the NHL. He's likely ending up in Europe within the next 2 years.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Bunting being scratched is 100% warranted.

I dont care about the benching as much as there is zero creativity to the lines. He just runs the same garbage.

Let's bring Puustinen up and put him on his off wing so he looks bad and we can send him to the ahl.

Why can't guys be demoted in the lineup? It is either be bench or succeed it this one spot.

Reactions: Andy99 and Fordy

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Are they publicly executing Jarry as an example? Why the crypticness

Mike Sullivan is going to put him out for warm ups by himself. Then the team is going to forfeit the game and leave Jarry alone in WPG to think about what he has done.

Reactions: Turin

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Mike Sullivan is going to put him out for warm ups by himself. Then the team is going to forfeit the game and leave Jarry alone in WPG to think about what he has done.
Honestly based.

Sully should have 9 goalies other goalies fight Jarry on the ice to instil order and pride in the crease.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Sure Josh, sure
Lol. Josh trying to seem relevant. Everyone already knows Bunting is likely scratched.
Only thing him and Rossi are good at, putting out vague tweets or tweets after the fact then claiming they knew something lol.

Reactions: Fordy

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Lol. Josh trying to seem relevant. Everyone already knows Bunting is likely scratched.

What is it with this city where the two noticeable writers for the Steelers and Penguins are two fat bastards that are incredibly inept at their job?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Significant would need to be something like Jarry outright scratched for Ned to start with Blomquist backing up.

In reality will get Bunting scratched and Hayes promoted to L3 or something equally stupid.

Beauviller - Crosby - Rust
DOC - Malkin - Rakell
Puustinen - Eller - Pulju
Hayes - Glass - Acciari

Gryz - Letang
Petts - EK
Graves - Shea

Blomqvist
Jarry.

“Significant”

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Beauviller - Crosby - Rust
DOC - Malkin - Rakell
Puustinen - Eller - Pulju
Hayes - Glass - Acciari

Gryz - Letang
Petts - EK
Graves - Shea

Blomqvist
Jarry.

“Significant”
Ehh Bunting is worth the scratch and it shows commitment to the better starter if he runs with Blomquist so I give it a B-.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad