Buffalo Bills Week 7 -- Buffalo (4-2) vs Titans (1-4) Sunday 10/20, 1:00 pm, CBS

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Loved what I saw in the first half. This offense looking that bad in the first half is still a concern in the sense there’s an issue for sure when it comes to consistency. But I think they will fix it

reminder: they are missing Sneed today

First 300 yd passing game they have given up this year

it’s a good defense but definitely haven’t faced many decent offenses this year

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Are we gonna talk.about how McDermott's teams have made second half adjustments as well.as any coach in the league during his tenure?
We touched on this earlier but a member of the staff a few years back (don’t think it was a coordinator) talked about how “adjustments” are more of a narrative than a reality, and that the original plan generally wins or loses in the long run based on its original quality (this obviously ignores certain players just getting toasted and yanked etc)

What that says to me is that these guys knew who Rudolph was from the start but weren’t executing properly

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
We touched on this earlier but a member of the staff a few years back (don’t think it was a coordinator) talked about how “adjustments” are more of a narrative than a reality, and that the original plan generally wins or loses in the long run based on its original quality (this obviously ignores certain players just getting toasted and yanked etc)

What that says to me is that these guys knew who Rudolph was from the start but weren’t executing properly

I think adjustments are a very real thing. We’d have to go game by game to show this, but I am very suspect of that take

Reactions: Dingo44

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

I think you can tell when the defense is pumped and synced and there's blood in the water. They look so much faster and stronger but it's not like you can go on max adrenaline for a full game. You'd have to be pretty outstanding to execute a strategy on every play.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
And on the other side today was a coach who sabotaged their teams chances to score before the half with actually awful clock management, then followed up by giving us all the momentum by failing on 4th down in minus territory with the lead, and we never gave it back.
I actually don't hate the decision to go for it. When you're the underdog, you gotta take some chances because he had to figure a 3 point lead wasn't going to hold. The play choice left a lot to be desired.

I also think he should have gone for 4th and 3 instead of kicking the FG.

The poor time management before the half was absolutely ridiculous though.

Reactions: zenthusiast

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I think adjustments are a very real thing. We’d have to go game by game to show this, but I am very suspect of that take
Could be more a difference in our understanding against theirs, certainly.

I think you can tell when the defense is pumped and synced and there's blood in the water. They look so much faster and stronger but it's not like you can go on max adrenaline for a full game. You'd have to be pretty outstanding to execute a strategy on every play.
Yeah, I don’t really begrudge them their human inconsistency, especially when millions of dollars are spent on thinking how to get the better of them as well. It’s just how it goes

The Bills have never really had a problem against bad qbs and it was surprising to me that he was cooking as long as he was

Reactions: HaNotsri

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
No. We're only allowed to talk about his failings.
Like how this pattern doesn't seem to carry into the playoffs? 🤫 Ignore me, I'm just at the point where wins like these, while fun to watch, aren't all that satisfying.

We SHOULD be beating up on teams like this and usually do in the end. But there's a worrying pattern of slow starts and then, in tougher games (i.e. Houston this year, KC in the playoffs), an inability to recover in time. I think it speaks to a preparedness issue but do hope and (somewhat) think McDermott has grown in this regard and at least tried to learn his lessons.

I'll always still watch because a locked in Allen/Bills offense is a sight to see. Ya suffer the first half of this game to enjoy the methodical execution of the second.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Loved what I saw in the first half. This offense looking that bad in the first half is still a concern in the sense there’s an issue for sure when it comes to consistency. But I think they will fix it

it’s a good defense but definitely haven’t faced many decent offenses this year
They beat the fins and lost the packers by multiple scores.

Their other 3 losses were to the bears, colts, and jets all by one score and they had tie/lead in 4th quarter.

Bears was week 1...not how they have improved.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Josh Allen 7 games this season 10/3 TD's, 0 Int.

The Bill's have the best home record in the NFL over the last 3 season, 21-5.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Could be more a difference in our understanding against theirs, certainly.

Yeah, I don’t really begrudge them their human inconsistency, especially when millions of dollars are spent on thinking how to get the better of them as well. It’s just how it goes

The Bills have never really had a problem against bad qbs and it was surprising to me that he was cooking as long as he was
Zone defense will allow any QB to look good when they have time. They struggled when the dline wasn't.getting pressure. When they started getting pressure, you could see Rudolph struggle. The adjustment seemed to be get pressure through stunts or blitzes, especially against a third string RT.

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad