GDT: Game V Pens vs Swords: Can we make it 2 in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's incredible how many f***s this team lost over the years. When did it happen? When JR took his ball and left?
I think it was already in motion as the team was celebrating the second of the back to backs. JR decided he was King Midas and everything he'd touch would turn to gold, so he did more and more outlandish shit thinking he was infallible.

I think the nail in the coffin was after the Habs play-in, where JR was years into his bullshit and Sully's luster had well worn off, but ownership just shrugged and decided not to do anything. That was the window slamming shut on the era, imo.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The worst part about TJ shitting the bed is his complete ineptitude in goal is masking the fact that once again Sullivan's coaching is f-ing the Pens.

If anyone in the media questions Sullivan (they won't, bet let's just pretend they did) Dubas would just pin the blame on Jarry.

Reactions: spcastlemagic

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen has earned a win in each of his last two games against the Penguins and he made 71 saves on 74 shots in those two games combined.
• Luukkonen has made 30 or more saves in three consecutive games against Pittsburgh and 30 or more saves in tonight’s game would make him the first Sabres goaltender all-time to record 30 or more saves in four consecutive games against the Penguins.
 Roger Crozier (Oct. 10, 1971 to Dec. 31, 1971) is the only other Sabres goaltender who has reached three consecutive games of 30 or more saves against Pittsburgh.

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
You can’t just part ways with him though if he’s playing like this. The Penguins aren’t in a position as a team to waste assets to get rid of his contract unless they find another awful contract coming back.

At some point you just say f*** it, waive him and send him down. The oilers did it with campbell.
Clear up that 1.whatever mil, give it to bloom to pair with neds, and hope Jarry either "finds his game" or quits outright.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
I know it won't happen even if Blomqvist is posting a .930 sv%, but they gotta give Jarry the Campbell treatment when Ned is good to go.

They won't have the balls to do it though.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen has earned a win in each of his last two games against the Penguins and he made 71 saves on 74 shots in those two games combined.
• Luukkonen has made 30 or more saves in three consecutive games against Pittsburgh and 30 or more saves in tonight’s game would make him the first Sabres goaltender all-time to record 30 or more saves in four consecutive games against the Penguins.
 Roger Crozier (Oct. 10, 1971 to Dec. 31, 1971) is the only other Sabres goaltender who has reached three consecutive games of 30 or more saves against Pittsburgh.
Thanks Andy Grove

Reactions: Andy99

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
We get it. Jarry isn't good right now. He can be good so I'm not gonna act like he's been awful his entire tenure like most are acting like he's been. But a goalie that is damn good at handling the puck, the moment he fumbled that you pull him. That's always going to snowball into something worse.

Like I said, Joel should have started this one. Jarry should have had work with Chiodo after the Habs game not be thrown in for a second game. This is a goalie that has absolutely no confidence.

Any goalie can be good at times. Even great. What makes a starter is the high confidence you can have that he will be bad rarely.
No such thing with Jarry, and there’s no bottom with him.

As to whether he should have started, well, he preferably never play for us again, but as the team us still hoping for him , it seems natural to start him following his first win in ages, where he settled down after a rocky start. This was a chance for him to add to the confidence he should have taken from that game. Sullivan deserves a lot of shit, but not for that.

Reactions: Gurglesons

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
In what universe was Jarry ever technically sound?

A world where hockey is only played in October-December.

Remember this was post Matt Murray, I’m not saying he’s Shesterskin, but early on I remember he didn’t have a lot of wasted movement and just fail to be square to pucks regularly. Obviously that’s changed in a big way.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
At some point you just say f*** it, waive him and send him down. The oilers did it with campbell.
Clear up that 1.wjatever mil, give it to bloom to pair with meds, and hope Jarry either "finds his game" or quits outright.
Yeah, I miss when guys would just get the Wade Redden treatment. f*** wasted cap, this team's been dead in the water for years. Hold guys accountable.

That last part extends to the coach as well. You fire that guy not because you think a new coach is gonna fix things or make this team a contender--you fire him because he's a f***ing loser who has manned the ship for a steep and steady decline for the better part of a decade now. :laugh:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Jarry looks f***ing wrecked on the bench. That's not a guy who is gonna be able to sort shit out and find any kind of confidence or consistency imo.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm gonna resent this team for a long time for being so unlikable and downright shitty that they made the final years of Sid and Geno so miserable and unwatchable. :laugh:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This team isn’t very good in the NZ, on defense and has no O zone time in the Sabres end…but other than that lol…and slow as molasses…we deserve to lose this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad