GDT: | Game LXXIV | 1600hrs EST | Pens vs Preds | The Sully and Geno Appreciation GDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you love more:

• Geno

Votes: 24 92.3%
  • Sully

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
He literally cross checked his face. The f*** are some of you watching.
It's funny to see the outrage, what Geno did was stupid.

But its comical to see the lack of the same reaction to when Crosby punched Dowd in the head with his glove on, which is also dangerous.

This board always shows those blokes with their narrative against anything Malkin does when the opportunity arises it seems.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don’t think he should get 10 games but he cross-checked him in the face dude. Put your Pens fandom to the side. This ain't 1986 anymore. Malkin lost his cool and should sit a few games. I don’t understand how anyone can watch that play and:
A) lie about it being a “punch”
B) not see a blatant cross-check to the face

I’m a Pens fan but I really don’t get why homers do this. It’s a bad penalty and a deserved sussy.

Meh. Seems like what our team has dealt with year in and year out since 2006.

Should be 5 and a game.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I don’t think he should get 10 games but he cross-checked him in the face dude. Put your Pens fandom to the side. This ain't 1986 anymore. Malkin lost his cool and should sit a few games. I don’t understand how anyone can watch that play and:

I’m a Pens fan but I really don’t get why homers do this. It’s a bad penalty and a deserved sussy.
How many should Sid get for gloved punch to the head of Dowd?

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Anson Carter is a brilliant hockey mind. He gave his opinion which is is entitled to give.
He's the worst analyst on a clownshoes panel.

He has no business being on television. His takes aren't backed by facts or stats at all, only emotions and preconceptions.

"Brilliant hockey mind"......................
Try listening to Mike Johnson dude.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Is this team coached to pass the puck back to the defenseman every single time? I swear they pass up shots or pass up attempting to pass to the other forwards in favor of dropping the puck back to one of our defensemen who shoot about as fast as the speed limit in a school zone.
I don’t see any way it isn’t part of the system, given the frequency. If we had traffic in front, positioning for a rebound, or a dman with a decent point shot it’d be cool (sometimes)

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
It's a rough game. They both went high.

I know these kind of plays happen, but if you throw a reckless crosscheck like that and it hits BULLSEYE then you are responsible. Malkins slash was enough revenge. You just cant use your stick as a weapon like that. When I quit playing hockey I did some reffing as well, I would have ejected Malkin from the game no doubt.

Do I think Geno meant to what he did? No, but it was dangerous, and thats why he will be suspended.

Reactions: vodeni

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010

It's a penalty for sure. I don't think he needs to sit. He probably will since it isn't his first incident. Boro was f***ing with him and is now mad that he got something back.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Since Geno got 4min and both of them were trading shots, he might not get suspended. I wouldnt be upset if they gave him a game for that though.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
That’s rid
Lol all the trolls in here like Malkin hasn't taken hits like that his entire career with no protection from the refs. Get lost.

This is why I don’t like “Geno” fans. We’ve lost how many games in a row?

It’s about winning not the player.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I know these kind of plays happen, but if you throw a reckless crosscheck like that and it hits BULLSEYE then you are responsible. Malkins slash was enough revenge. You just cant use your stick as a weapon like that. When I quit playing hockey I did some reffing as well, I would have ejected Malkin from the game no doubt.

Do I think Geno meant to what he did? No, but it was dangerous, and thats why he will be suspended.
you're right, no questions,

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
It's funny to see the outrage, what Geno did was stupid.

But its comical to see the lack of the same reaction to when Crosby punched Dowd in the head with his glove on, which is also dangerous.

This board always shows those blokes with their narrative against anything Malkin does when the opportunity arises it seems.
I like both players, but neither one above the team. There’s plenty of fanboys on both sides of the Geno/Sid spectrum. One side thinks the other is always out to get their guy. It gets tiresome.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010

Cool story

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Jealous much? The guy is an embassador and putting himself out there even though people are ignorant and won’t admit how awesome my brother is.
Your brother?

Lmao, Anson sucks, he just sort of stands there and occasionally blabs something mediocre.

Reactions: vodeni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad