GDT: Game IV Pens vs Habs 1730hrs EST: Battle of the Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
I wouldn't say TJ has been bad in this one. Hasn't been clutch either. I'd like the first goal back but other than that I don't have any issue with goals 2 or 3 going in on him.

Habs have an xgf of 2 and that feels right to me. Jarry has let in one more than he should have.
Isnt that the whole issue with Jarry really? The guy seems as soft mentaly as a cottonball.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That 2nd or 3rd goal by MTL, can’t remember, is such a classic late Sid Pens era goal to give up: pinch by the d-man, followed by the forward sorta covering, falling down and flailing, and then finished by Jarry not making the save….chef’s kiss

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
So goaltending aside...

I haven't been a huge fan of MP so far this season. Not playing up to his usual standards.

Bunting has a lot more to give as well assuming last season's little offensive charge wasn't just post-traded adrenaline.

Glad to see Ricky Rak getting his game going.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Just waited and see, the great Sully will make all the right adjustments in the third period, or you know, just do the exact same as allways and expect different results..
Sullivan will do what he normally does. Shorten the bench, do nothing for adjustments and then act shocked nothing worked.

Reactions: LiffLaff

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I bet we score to go up 4-3 early and the Sullivan has the team just defend for the rest of the game. Then Jarry collapses with like 5 mins left and we don’t even get a point.

Sounds familiar right?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So goaltending aside...

I haven't been a huge fan of MP so far this season. Not playing up to his usual standards.

Bunting has a lot more to give as well assuming last season's little offensive charge wasn't just post-traded adrenaline.

Glad to see Ricky Rak getting his game going.
We can never, unlike other teams, apparently have more than a couple skaters playing well at one time lol…

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I bet we score to go up 4-3 early and the Sullivan asks the team to just defend for the rest of the game. Then Jarry collapses with like 5 mins left and we don’t even get a point.

Sounds familiar right?
More likely is Habs score to go 4-3, dying minutes the Penguins tie it 4-4, then Letang blows coverage and Habs win in OT.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Sullivan will do what he normally does. Shorten the bench, do nothing for adjustments and then act shocked nothing worked.
It's honestly getting a bit perplexing, you'd think at one point the guy would figure out that banging your head against a brick wall will only lead to the same results, but no, he keeps on banging, thinking he'll eventually break through to the other side.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
beau seems to have a lot of hustle and flies around every shift, which enables him to come up just short on a lot more plays than a slower player would

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I just mean in general. Hockey's so much more enjoyable when people stop trying to break it down into fundamental elements with bullshit alchemy. Way too fast and chaotic a sport for that shit to matter.
I don't think they're perfect by any means.

I like looking at them to see if they line up with what I'm seeing. Like what the xgoals said about Jarry's performance tonight pretty much lined up with my own take on his performance.

I don't always agree with the stats. And I always rely on my eye test above all else. But the stats are interesting to use to supplement one's takes. Or they are for me anyhow

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
1728956013847.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
All those replays, Habs are in the crease or slot open af.

It's comical to see. Teams have absolutely zero issues getting to the Pens net. Just zero defensive awareness and presence where they should be.

Reactions: Duffy13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad