GDT: Game IV Pens vs Habs 1730hrs EST: Battle of the Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
It's easy to focus on Jarry letting in a couple of bad goals but that shouldn't distract anyone from the fact that the Habs outplayed and out skated the Penguins for most of that period.

If not for Lars, that's a bigger embarrassment.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
For the next month, or however long it takes, practice needs to consist of nothing but behind the net retrievals with only Jarry and Graves until they manage to knee on knee each other.
I'd still very much like to see a massive clean open ice hit on Mike Sullivan by Arber Xhekaj.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's easy to focus on Jarry letting in a couple of bad goals but that shouldn't distract anyone from the fact that the Habs outplayed and out skated the Penguins for most of that period.

Tristan Jarry hasn’t won an NHL game since March.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Turnovers, him leaving his post on goal #1 says otherwise.
Not saying he's been perfect but relative to how he was playing in other games this season this is a marked improvement.

He's rocking an almost 80% xgoals 5v5 as well

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

I wouldn't say TJ has been bad in this one. Hasn't been clutch either. I'd like the first goal back but other than that I don't have any issue with goals 2 or 3 going in on him.

Habs have an xgf of 2 and that feels right to me. Jarry has let in one more than he should have.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

They let the Habs out skate them because they don't trust their goalie and don't think it's worth it to put in the effort when they believe their goalie will just let them down so why bother.

Reactions: Gurglesons

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I wouldn't say TJ has been bad in this one. Hasn't been clutch either. I'd like the first goal back but other than that I don't have any issue with goals 2 or 3 going in on him.

Habs have an xgf of 2 and that feels right to me. Jarry has let in one more than he should have.

Tristan Jarry has never been clutch in his entire life.

When/if he has kids I pray nobody in the delivery room asks him to catch the baby.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

If he didn't do that (or worse) in every start, it would be easier to look past.

Reactions: Andy99 and Pancakes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad