GDT: Game II Pens vs Caps Oct 13th 1930hrs: Friday the 13th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

First goal

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
sullivan sucks!
1.png

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The body language on this team is worse than it has ever been. Sullivan’s burnt toast in a trash can at this point in terms of being done here.
Wish you were right. :laugh:

They look like guys just robotically doing their job on an assembly line, dead eyes, thousand yard stare.

Mike Sullivan's No Event Hockey™ is awesome.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The body language on this team is worse than it has ever been. Sullivan’s burnt toast in a trash can at this point in terms of being done here.

Everything seems like such a chore. Just getting out of their own end and through the NZ seems like a herculean task. I know it's not all the coach but my goodness how many years are they just gonna keep trying the same tired shit and expect different results? I think they've turned over the roster more than enough over the years. And if EK can't help your transition game nobody friggin can.

Reactions: Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
about shooting...some mediocre talent, but also shot selection, no screens is also a big one, the entire offense is based on low high game, very little on the rush in numbers, so there are all kind of different reasons, and genuinly unlucky, we used to score with our butts, we had kuhnackls and Wilsons and Shearys scoring,

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Lol at people here thinking that the team has turned on Sullivan at this point. Nothing but copium.

The team, management and owners love Sullivan. He ain't going nowhere.

about shooting...some mediocre talent, but also shot selection, no screens is also a big one, the entire offense is based on low high game, very little on the rush in numbers, so there are all kind of different reasons, and genuinly unlucky, we used to score with our butts, we had kuhnackls and Wilsons and Shearys scoring,

I think this is the biggest one. This team never has any sort of traffic around the net when they take shots from far out. They're a perimeter team that doesn't go to the dirty areas.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
That man has a hefty futures bet on Ovy breaking the record.

Well, I mean how hard can it be? You have to give someone on the Caps a good shot on net? Why hand it to Ovi? Even if you go back to 2008-2009 playoffs, how the FECK could Ovi be allowed to shot so many easy PP goals? Just f***ing give the others Caps the shot.

In 2022-23 some teams started keying on Ovi on the PP and he completed NOTHING after that.

He has 299 PP goals, if teams had keyed on him he would have maybe 185.

Its not prime Mario Lemieux who has all the tools, so just take away his shot and its done.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
One of those is not like the other two.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Everything seems like such a chore. Just getting out of their own end and through the NZ seems like a herculean task. I know it's not all the coach but my goodness how many years are they just gonna keep trying the same tired shit and expect different results? I think they've turned over the roster more than enough over the years. And if EK can't help your transition game nobody friggin can.
Every team knows how to defend us in the NZ because we do the same thing under Sullivan…we’re so easy to defend…that’s why we need to change how we defend the NZ ourself…should help us better transition to offense

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Well, I mean how hard can it be? You have to give someone on the Caps a good shot on net? Why hand it to Ovi? Even if you go back to 2008-2009 playoffs, how the FECK could Ovi be allowed to shot so many easy PP goals? Just f***ing give the others Caps the shot.

In 2022-23 some teams started keying on Ovi on the PP and he completed NOTHING after that.

If it was that easy, Ovechkin wouldn't be closing in on 300 powerplay goals over his career.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I know its not the main issue, but I think most of us genuinly hoped that at least two bottom 6 playesr will suprise and and provide us with some juice and score goals, names like DOC, Pusty, Harkins, when your top 6 flatlines, you want something from those guys, without that kind of unexpected contribution we are screwed

Reactions: Kristopher Letang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad