GDT: Game II: Avs @ Flames: Familiar Faces, Familiar Foes (9:30pm ET)

TanguaySauce

Better Than BBQ
Jan 3, 2018
Shaolin Island
1665665624984.png

"Thank You, Naz"

1665667374975.png

Since We Seem to Be Leaning Go Much Into Blink as An Organization...

1665667400290.png

**Pre-Game Song: "Slow Chemical" - Finger Eleven**

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
They should lose this one. Emotional games like last night suck the energy out of teams. Add in the fact that it was a long day yesterday with the whole early arrival red carpet thing and the late night travel heading into the B2B, this game is served on a platter for the Flames home opener.

If they find a way to win this I’ll be beyond impressed but everything’s against them.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
They should lose this one. Emotional games like last night suck the energy out of teams. Add in the fact that it was a long day yesterday with the whole early arrival red carpet thing and the late night travel heading into the B2B, this game is served on a platter for the Flames home opener.

If they find a way to win this I’ll be beyond impressed but everything’s against them.

gv-p-patrick-roy.gif

Avs win 5-1.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Yep, this is a scheduled loss.

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
Stanley Cup and still having all these late start games…by the 2nd period pretty much out of energy and go into sleep mode. It was rough enough having these kind of start playing the Ducks, Kings, and Sharks…now just random games. Ugh…really hate who ever is in charge scheduling!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Stanley Cup and still having all these late start games…by the 2nd period pretty much out of energy and go into sleep mode. It was rough enough having these kind of start playing the Ducks, Kings, and Sharks…now just random games. Ugh…really hate who ever is in charge scheduling!

It is more to do with timezones than anything else. No idea why Calgary likes to start games at the bottom of the hour, but most games are designed to start around 7pm local time except on weekends.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I'm glad Colorado gets to play a champion this early in the season.

Calgary will show them what real depth looks like.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Great early test for the Avs. Easy, easy win last night where they never looked threatened. Followed up by a great Calgary team looking to stake their claim to the Western Conference.

Will be interesting to see how the boys come out tonight.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Might be the most obvious scheduled loss of the season. Not sure why the cup champs have to play B2B to open the season AND travel to do so. Hope the Flames start off as slow as their Alberta counterparts did last night.

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I predict we get caved in but Franky steals us one tonight. Lots of change to flames roster they’ll need time to iron the wrinkles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad