GDT: Game Four(Giev): COL vs. BOS (7:30PM MT)

New Nickname for Alex? (Thanks to henchman21 for providing!)

• 5G

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • 6eor9e

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • George the VII

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Geor8e

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
This team just feels like it needs some big changes, there’s too many half measures leading to mediocrity. You’ve got a coach who still runs a system reliant on being quicker and more skilled than other teams, only that’s not true anymore. You’ve got a bunch of hockey dumb dumbs that could work well if they just were asked to go and murder the other team, but instead they’re told they need to out think the other team. Nothing seems to be coming together, the chemistry is no where, this is brutal to watch

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Bednar needs his guys to win battles and be able to absorb pressure in the backend. They don’t have to be big hitters or anything, but not wilt. Most of the defensemen tonight just wilt at any pressure. They are the softest defense in the league and teams are keying in on it heavily. I’m honestly not sure what Bednar can do to adjust with these guys. Ludvig may help… hell MacNorris probably would as he has balls to take a hit at least. But this is a major issue and a personnel one. I didn’t think it would be major during the season, but right now it clearly is.

He needs them to take the pressure, but he’s also reliant on them being able to make that play up the ice. We’ve got softies that can’t make the quick play up the ice. It leads to the team being out of position and sustained pressure against. Again, no adjustment, still working it like you’ve got all the skill in the world back there

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He needs them to take the pressure, but he’s also reliant on them being able to make that play up the ice. We’ve got softies that can’t make the quick play up the ice. It leads to the team being out of position and sustained pressure against. Again, no adjustment, still working it like you’ve got all the skill in the world back there
It’s absolutely brutal to watch right now and no real easy ways out of it. Need Toews healthy and some changes.

I'd love it, personally.
I think he’d do well here. Veteran team that has the skill set to play his style. He’s not going to develop guys and he’ll have some none sense around him (even ignoring the off ice stuff). But the Avs could do worse.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Manson before the Avs.
1000040215.jpg

After joining the Avs.
1000040217.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events