Post-Game Talk: GAME 9 - THROW THE CAT OFF THE CLIFF!!!! - BRUINS 3 Sunrise 2 F/OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
DeBrusk is definitely giving off that running at 50% vibe that he showcased so well during Bruce’s last season. Pretty irritating to watch a guy with that much talent coast the majority of the time.

Zacha had a fantastic game. I forgive the big Poitras error. Shit happens.

regardless of who is in the lineup, the concerns are still there about how the D and forwards react to an aggressive Florida forecheck. They don’t seem to give themselves nearly enough options. Need to practice ways to recognize that and counter it. Slamming it around the boards repeatedly is just resulting in turnovers and the team getting dangerously hemmed in.
Yeah Jake looks like he’s reverted to the pouty version.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Yea JDB had one good offensive play that resulted in a goal and then didn’t do much after.

He played decent on the PK but Linus definitely was the reason for the success there.

One assist off a blind pass to the middle isn’t enough to make me think he’s got his ass in gear yet.

It used to be when you weren’t scoring a player would throw hits and mix it up to at least contribute.

He seems to be out for a skate more often than not on most shifts

Honestly I don’t think he looked good on the PK.

He does a lot of big circles and never really challenges his man.

When he’s aggressive on the PK, he’s a constant threat to go the other way. He doesn’t look all that interested in making something happen right now really anywhere on the ice.

He’s still got those bursts of speed sometimes. But I just can’t get used to the long stretches of nothingness from him. It’s just so far removed from his potential.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
If Gryz and McAvoy are out, who is in the lineup next game? Lohrei? Zboril? Does Mitchell come back up? I have not been following Providence closely this season...

Reactions: BMC

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Honestly I don’t think he looked good on the PK.

He does a lot of big circles and never really challenges his man.

When he’s aggressive on the PK, he’s a constant threat to go the other way. He doesn’t look all that interested in making something happen right now really anywhere on the ice.

He’s still got those bursts of speed sometimes. But I just can’t get used to the long stretches of nothingness from him. It’s just so far removed from his potential.

I agree with that. I’d say he played his position on the PK but that’s the bare minimum you ask.

If that’s all he’s bringing you can find someone to do that for a lot cheaper

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I agree with that. I’d say he played his position on the PK but that’s the bare minimum you ask.

If that’s all he’s bringing you can find someone to do that for a lot cheaper

At least for this year, Bruins are in a pretty tough spot with him.

They don’t have a surplus of secondary scoring talent by any means and they don’t have the cap room to acquire anyone else for that role lest they give up significant asset(s).

I think Jake is here until the end of this year no matter what and we’ve just got to hope he can turn it on. After all, it’s happened before.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Mac's hit wasn't that bad, not like he elbowed him in the head on the way by. Maybe OEL should have some game awareness, and not just OEL but a lot of players.

Nice come back, showed some good character.

Need another top 6 forward, at least one physical D and another physical forward or two but at least they didn't quit and showed up in the second, third and OT

As much as I have advocated trading a goalie, there is no way they can.do that right now, or this year.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
The Bruins PK and Ullmark won this game, the refs gave the Bruins nothing all game. The Bruins record when giving up the 1st goal is very impressive this year. Florida's talented and aggressive forwards give the Bruins problems, but they dug deep to pull it out. Going to be tough on Thursday if both McAvoy and Gryz are out.
Yup. That's why getting two tonight was very important. Gryz getting injured was not surprising, but Mac taking that match penalty was surprising and very stupid.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad