Post-Game Talk: Game 9: Canucks lose to the Penguins 4-3 in the SO - Blame it on the early start

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Schroeder out, can't stay healthy. Does Dalpe come right back up and slot into 3C? Don't think Torts was entirely enamored with him in those first six games. But who else is there?

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
For me, the biggest takeaway from this game is Zack Kassian.

The dude beasted for shifts at a time and is showing flashes of exactly what we thought he would become. Good, good sign.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
Schroeder out, can't stay healthy. Does Dalpe come right back up and slot into 3C? Don't think Torts was entirely enamored with him in those first six games. But who else is there?

probably move richardson up

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Excellent game by the Canucks. Luongo's rebound control was shaky all game, but there were also a few breakdowns in the zone. His penalty shot save made up for any of that.

Pretty ridiculous officiating though. I have no idea how the calls (all of them basically cheap penalties) can be that lopsided against the team that controlled almost 60% of shot attempts in the game.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
enter thread

it's either luongo's or the ref's fault

realize it's just another day at HF

leave

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Excellent game by the Canucks. Luongo's rebound control was shaky all game, but there were also a few breakdowns in the zone. His penalty shot save made up for any of that.

Pretty ridiculous officiating though. I have no idea how the calls (all of them basically cheap penalties) can be that lopsided against the team that controlled almost 60% of shot attempts in the game.

plus stop Jokienien and Crosby in SO to keep it alive

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Man, that last caller on 1040 needs to chill the hell out. He complains about how playing the Bylsma presser is a buzzkill for Canucks fan and he proceeds to totally kill the buzz by *****ing about absolutely nothing.

Squall

Mar 22, 2013

Or, Kesler can take 2C again maybe on a line with Daniel Sedin. Hansen hasn't been very effective lately either. I'd put hansen back down to the 3rd line.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Not sure, was only half listening. I think the caller was more complaining about Bylsma's tone and the way he talks so slowly, rather than about what he actually said.

Wow, that caller sounds annoying as ****. Who calls in to complain about someone's tone of voice?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I wholeheartedly agree. Gets worse all the time.

Twitter seems to exist for 2 reasons :

1) as a platform for dumb people to relate unimportant details about their lives to the general public. Or to just generally expose their idiocy to others.

2) to provide completely unreliable, unsourced news to the public minutely quicker than they could otherwise have received reliable news from a credible source.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC

1) as a platform for dumb people to relate unimportant details about their lives to the general public. Or to just generally expose their idiocy to others.

2) to provide completely unreliable, unsourced news to the public minutely quicker than they could otherwise have received reliable news from a credible source.

I feel your #1 point applies to Facebook as well. Too many people on there begging for attention by airing their dirty laundry.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Does anybody else really want to see John Tortorella get into a heated argument with Jason Botchford?

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Guys, you were by far the best team we´ve faced so far this year. We were territorially outplayed and that doesn´t happen a lot.

Our team is quite depleted with injuries, but we are still dangerous with the way Crosby is playing right now. You can be satisfied with your team, it was a great game and could´ve gone either way. I am glad that you got at least that one point, because it was well deserved.

I was impressed by Richardson. What a bottom-6er he is. Really great game by him. Good luck for the rest of the season!

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Guys, you were by far the best team we´ve faced so far this year. We were territorially outplayed and that doesn´t happen a lot.

Our team is quite depleted with injuries, but we are still dangerous with the way Crosby is playing right now. You can be satisfied with your team, it was a great game and could´ve gone either way. I am glad that you got at least that one point, because it was well deserved.

I was impressed by Richardson. What a bottom-6er he is. Really great game by him. Good luck for the rest of the season!

Go Sibbry Crobbry! Your management needs to get the memo and ditch the team's jerseys in favour of something more iconic...

lemieux91cup.jpg

Seeing the Pens lose to Boston last year was a big bummer. Go KILL them this year! :rant:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Well, you would be wrong. If used well, Twitter is an amazing resource for compiling news and information. I don't get the people who follow celebrities or other personalities, but if you track the right news and sports outlets and people it is an incredible tool.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I feel your #1 point applies to Facebook as well. Too many people on there begging for attention by airing their dirty laundry.

Oh, agreed.

But at least facebook has some redeeming qualities. Allows you to keep in touch with friends, share photos, organize get-togethers. The 10 or so drama queens I have on there I've just blocked from my newsfeed.

Twitter has no redeeming qualities whatsoever as far as I can see. Pure trash.

Back on topic, we've set ourselves up for a good road trip here if we can keep playing well. 5 out of 6 points so far, and the next 3 games are highly winnable against Columbus/NYI/NJ.

As the Pens fan above just noted, Pittsburgh is a tough team to dominate territory and possession against, especially at home, and the fact that we were able to do that is a very good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad