Post-Game Talk: Game 9: Canadiens beat Canucks /s

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Mete didn't look very good tonight. I hope he gets another game to show what he can do, but at this point, he just doesn't bring anything elite and his size is a detriment for the overall game that Montreal defensemen play.

It's too bad. He is quality depth, but at his age and where he is in his career, I can understand him not wanting to sit. His career is on the line. I hope he can be accomodated quickly enough. Hopefully for another defenseman who won't mind sitting/being sent to the taxi squad.
i thought he got better as game went along, and based on what we've seen from other teams this year, he could easily play in vancouver, edm or ottawa's top 6

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well played team and HFHabs. We'll see if I have the stamina to pull another 2.30am finish tomorrow.

Props to Petry, Lehks and the 4th line - the whole team outworked Vancouver all over the ice and won the game in 40 minutes.

Mete showed his strengths and weaknesses clearly, still #7 on the depth chart for me.

Julien's system on full display.

You weren't kidding -- you're really in England. Man, really great to have you with us!

Even if ... no one got the cricket references you so aptly described. ;)

Reactions: Walrus26

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
D8A5C7E9-7216-4DB8-8197-2958C74CE2BA.jpeg

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
He has 5 games left without needing waivers, after the 6th from now he has to
I really don't understand how this whole thing works. So what the team cannot have a couple of extra bodies without subjecting them to waivers every time they get dropped from a lineup for a few games?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
i thought he got better as game went along, and based on what we've seen from other teams this year, he could easily play in vancouver, edm or ottawa's top 6
Mete for another top 6 winger to replace Drouin on Anderson's line. :naughty:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Price again tomorrow?

That would make no sense. They grabbed allen for this very reason.

So far, price has played 6, and Allen should play his 5th tommorow. Now if the habs were like 2-6 or something like that to start the year, then you could see a reason to start price, but there's just no point right now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Two years ago, who would’ve predicted a global pandemic would give a 24th place team a chance to make the playoffs on a gimmick. Or that we’d be playing in a 7 team conference that’s pretty weak. The answer is nobody.

That story is still being written.

Only the preface has been completed and it's looking damn good. Maybe only someone who is taking NZT from the movie Limitless, can top it.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I really don't understand how this whole thing works. So what the team cannot have a couple of extra bodies without subjecting them to waivers every time they get dropped from a lineup for a few games?

They can leave Perry on the main roster, as the habs do have open spots, but those count towards the cap.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
That would make no sense. They grabbed allen for this very reason.

So far, price has played 6, and Allen should play his 5th tommorow. Now if the habs were like 2-6 or something like that to start the year, then you could see a reason to start price, but there's just no point right now.

Nah you're right doesnt make sense. However, he didn't have much work to do tonight (albeit the shots were poured on later). Wondering if he wants to go again, not sure how a goalie like Price who is used to playing a lot and is playing 50% right now reacts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad