Post-Game Talk: Game 9: Canadiens beat Canucks /s

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Never said he was Seth Jones tier , but he's been looking great. He's taking risk , that means he's not scared to take decisions. It will burn him sometimes but when you don't risk anything you don't win anything.
I prefer sticking to "he's looked promising" rather than "he's been looking great", but just semantics. I agree risk taking is a necessity for a player to take their play to the next level - and the best ones are usually either really good at assessing it, at pulling high risk decisions (like doing fancy dekes through a whole time on a end-to-end rush), or both.
You mean Romanov? I agree.
Yes I was talking about Romanov.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
In case of Bergevin the most fitting description is "even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut..." or something like that. I will wait to see how this team does in the END of the season before I give Bergevin any credit after 8 years of complete disaster that he has been.

I don't think you need to wait that long, Toffoli and Anderson were home runs, Allen and Edmunson are looking good as well.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't think you need to wait that long, Toffoli and Anderson were home runs, Allen and Edmunson are looking good as well.

It's too early for anybody to really judge his moves, hasn't even been 10 games yet.
So far so good though, no doubt about it, but Anderson for example has 7 years to play here....he's at Game number 9..
Jake Allen's played 3 games...lol

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007

.... might have been too much as he was -2 in a 6-2 win

It was a smart move to keep the guys rested as well as give him a real chance.

He probably won't get too many games in, so at least if he can play some meaningful minutes, it will be a little easier to digest. If it was a close game, Julien would have needed to cut his bench, but now it was fine to give him icetime.

Reactions: BrianTheSavage49

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
It's too early for anybody to really judge his moves, hasn't even been 10 games yet.
So far so good though, no doubt about it, but Anderson for example has 7 years to play here....he's at Game number 9..
Jake Allen's played 3 games...lol

Its not like these guys are rookies tho. The only question mark is pretty much how they’re gonna fit as player and individual within the group but its not like you dont know who they are as players.

Reactions: Forum93

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
6bgVPyv.png

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Its not like these guys are rookies tho. The only question mark is pretty much how they’re gonna fit as player and individual within the group but its not like you dont know who they are as players.

Fair enough, but right now is still not even 10 games. We're not talking about a season here or even half a year. Hot streaks happen, so do cold ones, same goes for full seasons. I'll have to wait a bit more before claiming victory.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The 4th line was the best line tonight, creating problems for the canucks D with their speed and hustle, and you want to break it up? :facepalm:

Perry’s playing well, which buys them time for Armia’s return. Exactly what he was brought in for.

Buddy, our 4th line would be THAT much better replacing Byron with Armia is what you're not getting..

To boot Byron's supposed to be soooo amazing on the PK yet has been invisible while Armia is an actual PK monster.

I hope they make the right decision

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
Fair enough, but right now is still not even 10 games. We're not talking about a season here or even half a year. Hot streaks happen, so do cold ones, same goes for full seasons. I'll have to wait a bit more before claiming victory.
Ah, logical, Mr. Spock :)

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Ten games is closing in on 20% of the season. Just saying...

For sure, at 20 games, we should know how the division, if nothing else, is truly shaping. as it stands, it looks like a battle between TO and MTl for the division title. I think CAL and WIN will round out the four playoff spots.

Let's wait ten more games and, then, we'll have a pretty good idea how real that is..

Reactions: HelloBellyvo

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Romanov had a down game tonight. But i will take his effort over what Quinn Hughes did provided the Nucks tonight. Hughes was so bad defensively that any bit of offense he produced was nullified. If he pulled those shenanigans as a Hab, he would be benched immediately.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Mete will probably get another shot tomorrow but unless he wows everyone, the aggregate performance over the two games will have him in the press box again. If it isn't Kulak coming back in, and they want to get more rotation, please give us Fleury.

Reactions: Canadienna

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Buddy, our 4th line would be THAT much better replacing Byron with Armia is what you're not getting..

To boot Byron's supposed to be soooo amazing on the PK yet has been invisible while Armia is an actual PK monster.

I hope they make the right decision

I'd take Armia before Byron on the 4th line and Ylonen before Byron on the fourth line and my Grandmother before Byron on the fourth line -- Not because Byron is bad but, because he's not 3.4M for two more years after this one good as a 4th line winger, even if he won't biatch about being a 4th line winger.

Reactions: Redux91

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Mete will probably get another shot tomorrow but unless he wows everyone, the aggregate performance over the two games will have him in the press box again. If it isn't Kulak coming back in, and they want to get more rotation, please give us Fleury.

Mete does not improve the D-Corps. If he can't, he shouldn't beat out anyone that helped get us a 4-1-2 record to start off the season, period.

Bench the garden gnome, please.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I would have rather they given Fleury a try and see how/if there is any improvement from last year. Mete we know. Kulak too. At this time the team can afford to give some rookies a shot.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I would have rather they gave Fleury a try and see how/if there is any improvement from last year. Mete we know. Kulak too. At this time the team can afford to give some rookies a shot.

I'm not against feeling out Fleury but, there isn't enough Cap room to do that. Not without placing Mete on waivers.

Reactions: The Real Timo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad