Post-Game Talk: GAME 9 - BRUINS 4 Hogtown 3 F/OT

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
In Donny I trust he was getting smashed for that linus trade . He looking like roses right now. Brilliant move. I'm keeping a eye on that dean leternaeu kid too. I've said it before and will say it again Donny best in the business and hope he stays a here a long time.
I was one of those who was furious with the return. I was wrong.

Good win boys. Could feel it from the start. Good energy and the building was into it. Like others said, loving Kastelic he got into it early with a big body check. Montys been rolling them at the right time for those energy boosts. No 4th line fluke - this lines legit! Got the Beecher and Koepke speed with Kastalics grit. They keep it simple and compliment each other well. Beecher took some blows tonight and he hung in there. Liked Poitras tonight, and Brazeus been solid for the past 2 games. Also, thought Zacha took his game to another level especially early. Marchy was fighting the puck but he grinded, and Sway played big. Let’s keep it going.
Not only is the 4th line scoring, but their plus/minus is outstanding.

Reactions: The don godfather

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
It appears that he is trying to do things that he used to be able to do but cannot any more. And before anyone brings up the surgeries and missed camp, he was like this last season and there was some of this in the season prior to that.
Players skills and speed decline as they hit their mid 30s . That’s just the way it is. I understand everybody making excuses for him, but reality is reality. Look at big Z the last few seasons. Even Bergy slowed down a tad but he isn’t even human and could probably still be playing . The wear and tear that Brad has had on his body and with the way he plays it is expected. Still a very useful player, but expecting him to be the Brad of old I think is just fantasy.

Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
For the life of me, I don’t know why opinions on Brazeau are mixed around here.

Big body, soft hands, ALWAYS around the net.
I mean, if he played like he did last night everyone's opinion would be unified, but he hasn't. In the game before he got scratched he couldn't catch a pass. Twice on odd man rushes they passed him the puck and he just lost the handle on it. Hopefully it was just some early season rust because this team desperately needs some talent and productivity.

Reactions: Dr Hook

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Why is this the least of their problems? If you think it's no off season training for the reasons his game has slipped so be it but come on Father Time has caught up to him.

Not saying he is no longer effective but he is no longer top threat to other teams on a constant basis. And that's ok.

But to listen to posters say suck it haters after he scored his what first goal of the season and 6th I think in his last 30 games is laughable and childish.

Now we hear rumors of a three year deal? yikes

We don't really know what is going on with Marchand right now ...

3 off-season surgeries ...

Injuries that hampered his play the second half of last year.

injuries can take a while to recover from, especially when surgery is involved.

Which could effect speed and muscle strength ... especially that first step.

We don't know if he is fully recovered and yet in game shape.

Is he playing through pain?

Would he say anything if he was?

I don't think he would.

Pain can cause poor judgment, a short temper, and frustration.

He wants to lead and he can't do that from the 9th floor.

He is a competitor.

If he is in pain, he's not going to sit out .

He's seen Bergeron play through worse injuries than soreness from surgery recovery.

He's trying to lead.

Need to give him a few months to heal and get up to speed at least into the new year.

I was willing to give Swayman through Thanksgiving to get up to speed for missing just camp.

I'm willing to give Marchand much longer because of the surgeries and lack of off-season training and most of camp.

He has earned that much rope and more.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
We don't really know what is going on with Marchand right now ...

3 off-season surgeries ...

Injuries that hampered his play the second half of last year.

injuries can take a while to recover from, especially when surgery is involved.

Which could effect speed and muscle strength ... especially that first step.

We don't know if he is fully recovered and yet in game shape.

Is he playing through pain?

Would he say anything if he was?

I don't think he would.

Pain can cause poor judgment, a short temper, and frustration.

He wants to lead and he can't do that from the 9th floor.

He is a competitor.

If he is in pain, he's not going to sit out .

He's seen Bergeron play through worse injuries than soreness from surgery recovery.

He's trying to lead.

Need to give him a few months to heal and get up to speed at least into the new year.

I was willing to give Swayman through Thanksgiving to get up to speed for missing just camp.

I'm willing to give Marchand much longer because of the surgeries and lack of off-season training and most of camp.

He has earned that much rope and more.
I think it's as simple as, he had 3 surgeries so he couldn't train/prepare like he usually does.

He's probably months behind where he would normally be at this time of year.

Reactions: JAD

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Players skills and speed decline as they hit their mid 30s . That’s just the way it is. I understand everybody making excuses for him, but reality is reality. Look at big Z the last few seasons. Even Bergy slowed down a tad but he isn’t even human and could probably still be playing . The wear and tear that Brad has had on his body and with the way he plays it is expected. Still a very useful player, but expecting him to be the Brad of old I think is just fantasy.
I'm not expecting Marchand to put up 80, 90, 100 plus points, but I think he is still capable of 60 - 75 points ... 20 - 25 goals and 40 - 50 assists.
Somewhere around there.
I'm hoping ...
The team needs him contributing.
It's a long season, a lot can happen.
Let's see where he's at come season end.

Reactions: Zillah

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad