Post-Game Talk: GM 07 | Canucks def. Penguins | 4-3 (Pettersson, Sherwood, Miller, Bains)

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
ppl have been very excited about sherwood, lankinen, garland, and miller so far, and for good reason. and hughes is hughes of course. but tbh blueger has been my favourite canuck this season

agreed.

sherwood has been great, but blueger is on the kind of run as a third line center that wins playoff series'. he is almost certainly the best third line center in the league right now.

was at a pub last night while the game was on and it was cool to see a bunch of brown dudes who were all generally not watching the game notice and cheer when bains scored. in edmonton!

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
This matches my eye test and I’m confused about some of the reactions here.

We had a bit of a slow start for the first 8 minutes through the 1-0 goal and then outshot them 31-5 for the next 40ish minutes. That was an absolute battering.

Some fans expect domination like we saw in the 2nd period for a full 60, 82 games a year. Otherwise the team just isn't buying in to Tocchet.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Some fans expect domination like we saw in the 2nd period for a full 60, 82 games a year. Otherwise the team just isn't buying in to Tocchet.

This is one of my pet peeves dating back to the WCE era when ‘the team didnt play a full 60 minutes’ was used to excuse Dan Cloutier for absolutely sucking ass in a game we completely deserved to win.

A ‘full 60 minutes’ in the eyes of most fans seems to mean you win 5-0, outshoot the opposition 35-15, and are in total control of the game and momentum from start to finish. And that simply never happens.

There is a ton of parity in this league and every team in nearly every game will have stretches/periods where they outplay the opposition. Crosby/Malkin simply were never not going to have a couple points last night where they strung some shifts together and carried the play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad