GDT: Game # 82 - 4/13/23 - New York Rangers vs Toronto Maple Leafs - 7pm EST, MSG (Final regular season game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Giving both New York Rangers goaltenders Igor Shesterkin and Jaroslav Halak rest before the playoffs begin, head coach Gerard Gallant has announced that Ben Harpur will be tonight's starting goalie in the team's final regular-season game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, with Harpur's backup to be decided.

This is a developing story, so stay tuned for updates.
Vally should come down from the studio to be his backup

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hey Folks,

I updated the lines for both teams, some notes..

*Shesty gets the start
* Rangers line up the same as last game it seems
* Looks like Toronto is resting Tavares, and Samsonite..... er I mean Samsonov,,, I was way off.

Let's Go Rangers!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ori, NYR94 and bl02

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We still haven't had all that many games with the full post-deadline healthy roster, and I welcome the opportunity to get a game under our belts against a good team.

Just don't do anything stupid. No silly blocks (except Lindgren who's gonna do it anyway) and put a cap on how much the big guys play.

If it's tied late, open it up. I have very little interest in overtime here.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
not watching tonight - going to the Panthers game since i'm in Miami for business and their tickets cost less than a beer and hot dog at MSG.

no injuries plz
beware that parking is $45 though. I nearly crapped my car. For that money, should have been valet parking and a lift right to the gate.

Reactions: bl02

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Hey Folks,

I updated the lines for both teams, some notes..

*Shesty gets the start
* Rangers line up the same as last game it seems
* Looks like Toronto is resting Tavares, and Samsonite..... er I mean Samsonov,,, I was was way off.

Let's Go Rangers!
iu

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We aren't seeing Shesty for more than a period right?
And Harpur is playing right?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yea, not really understanding why Igor is in net. Last thing we need is him to get lit up for 6 goals and go into the playoffs on a low note.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
maybe splitting goal today? Like igor plays first and maybe second period and halak closes. This keeps shesty sharp but also reduces some injury risk

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't know have I been blind and deaf, but I've no idea what our roster is. Should basically rest everyone that you can. Maybe leave Mika and the kids in to chace the 40s, the rest? Stay away, don't get hurt now.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The last time Igor got basically a week or more off was during the ASB outside of the pick up game that he played in during it.

He went on to have his worst month of the season after.

Playing him tonight is the right call. He can handle a 3-4 day break. Anything longer than that has seemed to do more harm than good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad