GDT: Game 80 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Washington Capitals | 7:30PM | Healing Vibes Phor Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
Might as well just sit everybody at this point. Fall to the wildcard and play the Caps in round 1...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I really don't see what other people are seeing. We are getting GRADE A opportunities and not scoring. Washington got a goal they shouldn't have. Mur needs to make that save. If these chances happened over 10 games, we'd win 8 of them.

I didn’t see the 1st period but I agree. Washington aren’t dominant or anything (except for their goalie)

Reactions: ColePens

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
The team feels like they're just waiting for the play-offs to start and they're not that invested in this game.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I really don't see what other people are seeing. We are getting GRADE A opportunities and not scoring. Washington got a goal they shouldn't have. Mur needs to make that save. If these chances happened over 10 games, we'd win 8 of them.

The Pens have definitely had more chances. Really good ones.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
And the kicker is that they aren’t even trying right now, just coasting into the playoffs.

Imagine when they crank it up in game 1. Look out!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Enough is enough for Kessel, this is lasting way too long and also it is getting worse every game. Awful stretch of hockey. Vomit worthy, really.

At this rate, the damage he's doing to Geno's confidence (exacerbating the degree to which Geno is fighting things and trying to get back into a groove) may be irreparable by the time the regular season is done.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And this is a 2-0 game. It's not over yet. Pens have to score one by the 6 minute mark of the 3rd period.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Enough is enough for Kessel, this is lasting way too long and also it is getting worse every game. Awful stretch of hockey. Vomit worthy, really.
Don't know how you approach it without alienating him. Its obvious that he really cares about the ironman thing, so its a really shitty predicament to be in if you're coaching/management.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Also Washington has played us like this the last two years. Those series we had were probably the two closest series in both years.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hey, is it too much to ask Jake-Sid-Rust to threaten to score a goal? HMK sucks. Sheary-Sheahan-Horny has been okay but done little. Our fourth line is a joke. But, outside of that great chance for Sid gifted by the Caps giving up that 2 on 1, has Jake-Sid-Rust done anything to put a scare into the Caps?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If I'm Washington - this is a statement game and a half by Grubs. He's my starter in Game 1 of the postseason. He's REALLY playing well.

Reactions: KIRK

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
wow...this team can't even defend with 10 seconds to go and the faceoff is outside the zone......still gave up a quality chance.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
This ****ing ironman streak. He has no business being out there. Not sure how much he is hurt, but he needs to sit no matter what. Get him some rest, give him a wakeup call, whatever. This is brutal and if that doesn´t change, it may very well cost us a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad