GDT: Game 80 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Washington Capitals | 7:30PM | Healing Vibes Phor Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
And this is a 2-0 game. It's not over yet. Pens have to score one by the 6 minute mark of the 3rd period.

Question: What Pens line has done ANYTHING at ES to put a scare into the Caps?

I was just thinking about this. Sid looks really good, but his line, outside of the gifted 2 on 1, have they done anything to really pressure the Caps at ES?

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Hey, is it too much to ask Jake-Sid-Rust to threaten to score a goal? HMK sucks. Sheary-Sheahan-Horny has been okay but done little. Our fourth line is a joke. But, outside of that great chance for Sid gifted by the Caps giving up that 2 on 1, has Jake-Sid-Rust done anything to put a scare into the Caps?
They've had a few qquality chances.

Vyruz Reaper

Oct 4, 2005
Sunny SoCal
I really don't see what other people are seeing. We are getting GRADE A opportunities and not scoring. Washington got a goal they shouldn't have. Mur needs to make that save. If these chances happened over 10 games, we'd win 8 of them.

Yeah, we've had great PP chances, hit the post and got some unlucky bounces that ended into the chest of PG while he was down and out.

Really Mur softie that was deflating

Reactions: ColePens

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I'd like to see a bit more movement on the PP, but honestly I didn't think it looked bad.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
Pens are playing well enough to win. That's an improvement over what we've seen in March. Goaltending the difference.

Would be nice if Phil and Geno could play up to their potential

Reactions: ColePens and Turin

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
I really don't see what other people are seeing. We are getting GRADE A opportunities and not scoring. Washington got a goal they shouldn't have. Mur needs to make that save. If these chances happened over 10 games, we'd win 8 of them.

Fist pp was awful. The others there was great pick movement and several chances. Just need to bury one.

Reactions: KIRK

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Murray is just not comfortable right now. Grubauer looks like how Murray usually did. Calm..stays in position. Never seen Murray slide so much and out of position during his whole time with us...than what we've seen since he returned. 100% mental.

Question is how do you fix it? The team defense wont be getting much better to give him a stretch of games allowing him to get into a groove with a few 1 goal games..even shutout. Not happening. Last playoffs our goalies were stealing games and our stars went down and scored.

Reactions: ColePens

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Pens are playing well enough to win. That's an improvement over what we've seen in March. Goaltending the difference.

I suspect there's an inverse link between Geno playing to his potential and playing with Phil.

Honestly, I don't get Sully here. He knows Geno is fighting it. I don't get why he'd think putting Geno with Phil would be the answer.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I hate having Malkin skate around trying to find the soft spots on the pp. He looks lost when he's doing it. Get him back on the half wall and let Sid find those areas.

Reactions: vodeni

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Just a friendly reminder, people: pro sports have nothing to do with your actual lives. People are WAY too doomy and gloomy about a damn hockey team.

Come on guys. This ain't real life.

Lol yep. I take none of this seriously. Some people get really upset and mad. And it really confuses me....

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
The team feels like they're just waiting for the play-offs to start and they're not that invested in this game.

In some ways, I can almost understand it if they are thinking about the final standings strategically. Finishing first in the division doesn't really have much advantages at this point. We get the Flyers instead of CBJ if today's standings were the final standings. But its just as likely that Philly finishes above Columbus, and we're stuck playing the Jackets anyway. And (almost inevitably) the Caps again in Round 2 if we advance.

In the bigger picture, though, it would be insane to think of it that way. That have to be ready to go for the postseason and I don't trust the whole "switch flipping" thing. Not when Geno is suddenly looking lost. Not when Phil seems like ass. These guys have more pride and smarts than that. If we just hand a rival team the division, we're boosting their confidence and giving them an advantage in a potential second round matchup.

Bah, whatever, I'm just disappointed like everyone here. Go out, mow them down in the third and even if we don't finish first in the Met, we can give them another reminder about the fact that we legally own their souls.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
You guys remember me, I´m allergic to this version of Kessel. It´s lasting 15 games now, maybe. I was giving him a pass for all of that stretch but now things are getting more serious. And he is also infecting Geno, it seems. Can´t stand this. Murray is another case, we need him to be better. He is not awful, but just being average is not gonna be enough for us. He is better than this.

Reactions: KIRK

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Kessels having trouble taking passes, that should tell us all something. He needs to sit and recover from whatever is ailing him.

Reactions: BillPrep

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Just a friendly reminder, people: pro sports have nothing to do with your actual lives. People are WAY too doomy and gloomy about a damn hockey team.

Come on guys. This ain't real life.

Its fine to be emotionally invested while its happening. I get over it the next day.

Too many things have happened this year..and too much turnover with the roster that I dont really expect them to win it all. Wont be mad if they dont. Theyll have an even better shot at it next year after guys like Sheahan, Oleksiak, ZAR, Simon, Sprong, etc
..are more settled in. More experienced. Alot underestimated the impact of losing that many vets would have on this team.

With that said we can still win it all if Murray somehow gets his confidence back and Kessel is Kessel. But next year I think we have a much better shot at it alll.

So if we lose this year its not like our run is over. Can win it next year..3 out of 4.

Reactions: vodeni and ncm7772

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Yeah Grubauer is playing well, but if the Caps get the Flyers in the first round and he keeps it up, I'm guessing Gudas is going to try to steamroll Grubauer accidentally on purpose.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017

With the firepower that this team has they should be able to overcome shaky goaltending at times but they have these games far too often when they can’t get anything to go.

Wide open nets are missed wide. Easy tap ins are flubbed. Posts are hit. Juicy rebounds aren’t found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad