GDT: Game 8: Sharks (7-0-1) @ Ducks (5-1-1) 7:00pm PST

Ramenbot

May 2, 2010
Burbank
Boudreau's line juggling seems to be more strategic and less borne out of desperation, like Carlyle's was. The opponent changes every day, so why shouldn't the lines? Keep 2 guys together and switch around the others.

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
keerole .... i can't take it...

NicolasCageLaugh.gif

so much win these past few days.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
The first post in this GDT and eenoks posts gave me a good laugh before this one ... Go Quacks!

3-2 Ducks, Vatanen with all 3

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
So were 5-1-1 and just droppped 7 goals and we switch the lines?

"#NHLDucks line combos so far: Perry-Getzlaf-Winnik; Selanne-Ryan-Beleskey; Cogliano-Koivu-Palmieri; Etem-Bonino-Staubitz-Smith-Pelly."

:rant:

Why break up the third line? We need them to shut the first SJ line down. Why demote Palmieri? He was finally starting to click. Why break up the kid line? It was good last game. Why combine Vatanen with Allen, when he's practiced with Sbisa and played well there? Allen has been the weak link and Fowler has bailed him out. Can Vatanen do the same? Is that too much responsibility?

I've got a bad feeling about this one...

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Boudreau's line juggling seems to be more strategic and less borne out of desperation, like Carlyle's was. The opponent changes every day, so why shouldn't the lines? Keep 2 guys together and switch around the others.

There's a reason most coaches try to stick with the same lines. In this case, I can understand some adjustments, because we're without our best defenseman, but in the long run you want stability on your lines. You want your players to know their linemates. That's tough to do when there's a rotating door.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
:rant:

Why break up the third line? We need them to shut the first SJ line down. Why demote Palmieri? He was finally starting to click. Why break up the kid line? It was good last game. Why combine Vatanen with Allen, when he's practiced with Sbisa and played well there? Allen has been the weak link and Fowler has bailed him out. Can Vatanen do the same? Is that too much responsibility?

I've got a bad feeling about this one...

There's a reason most coaches try to stick with the same lines. In this case, I can understand some adjustments, because we're without our best defenseman, but in the long run you want stability on your lines. You want your players to know their linemates. That's tough to do when there's a rotating door.

ya to be honest i really dont understand why BB loves adjusting his lines so much.. like i really dont understand it.

that first line is whatever, they didn't show much the first time around and it made our 3rd line a lot less effective... our second line has been good with ryan in th emiddle the last 2 games but now its going to be weird again..
i donno what to think of these lines.. guess we'll just see what happens tonight..

also if vatanen starts out int he d-zone against thornton's line i will most likely have a heart attack

VataNIST

Jan 30, 2013
Finland!
Vatanen play? Yes Sami play!!

I now rraealy drunk im think may not see Sami first goal :( Have digibox records game so can see Sami first BOOM net!!! But say this: waer thin foill hat If no want convert VataNIST!! He electrify rink and dome so wear hat if no want VataNISM!

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2012
I like the first line. I think Winnik fits with the twins better than anyone.. But at the cost of the third? I don't know. Hopefully it works out again.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Not liking that BFB is a juggling clown, but we'll see. I like the 1st line, but he had just finally got me convinced the 3rd line was worth preserving, even at the expense of Beleskey on the 1st. Hoping Beleskey on the 2nd doesn't ruin that line now, after it finally seemed to be going. I guess even with a shortened season, he does need to see who works out where. I just hope there's no growing pains against the sharts is all.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Wow, all these years the Finnish fans on here managed to put sentences together in English just fine. Now 3 show up at once that can't, with same cutesy misspellings. What are the odds?

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Wow, all these years the Finnish fans on here managed to put sentences together in English just fine. Now 3 show up at once that can't, with same cutesy misspellings. What are the odds?

Finland's educational system imploded during the last few days.

Bbird80

Oct 2, 2005

None. Let's just enjoy while it lasts.

Tough game ahead. That first SJ line with the big forwards looks intimidating. A job for Souray-Beauchemin once again? Vatanen-Allen sounds risky but I understand the philosophy behind it. No need to change the other pairings for (possibly) just one game. And Sami's used to playing with a stay-at-home partner with a tendency to awful giveaways before...

But why to mix up the forward lines? Especially 3rd, which has been dynamite this season. BB sure isn't afraid to make moves.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
It must be a cult thing.

I'm damn tired atm but I guess have to woke up 5 am for this and then drive to work after second period and check the end of 3rd period there.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009

I think to practice vatanism you need a lot of LSD.

That said, I feel like this game will be too much for Vatanen to handle. Vatanen-Allen must be the worst defensive pairing of the decade. I hope I'm wrong though.

A hat trick for Vatanen tonight :naughty:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Daniel Winnik-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry

Matt Beleskey-Bobby Ryan-Teemu Selanne

Andrew Cogliano-Saku Koivu-Kyle Palmieri

Emerson Etem-Nick Bonino-Brad Staubitz

Sheldon Souray-Francois Beauchemin

Bryan Allen-Sami Vatanen

Luca Sbisa-Toni Lydman

Official expected lineup. If it ain't broke, fix it. Palmieri just can't hold onto a keerole. Butterfingers.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Yeah, clearly Getz will be playing a shutdown role tonight. I personally don't like the lineup, but can understand why.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I don't see why Belesky is on the second line. Makes no sense. If anything his style more resembles winniks game so put him down to the 3rd line... Leave palmier on our second

Ducksgo*

I don't see why Belesky is on the second line. Makes no sense. If anything his style more resembles winniks game so put him down to the 3rd line... Leave palmier on our second

I agree as well. Or atleast move Palms down to Etems line that line was really good last game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad