GDT: Game # 79 - New York Rangers @ St. Louis Blues - 8pm EST, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Keep Trouba out the rest of the way.Let him get some much needed rest before the real season begins.Start resting guys the rest of the way.wins-losses dont matter at this point-avoiding injuries is
I agree but we can not due to no cap space. Now if somehow we can find a way to "rest" Trouba maybe we can call up some players to rest others? Not sure.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
How is it if Kane is out again we might have to play again with 17 skaters? WTF. At this time of year this is a joke.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
He never got off the ground here because of the leg, and even after he got healthy as of late, there is a good chance the benefit of the doubt in the locker room was gone. That could mess with a guy's confidence.

I don't hold him personally responsible. Sometimes people need a new start to succeed. Playing well is all about momentum and confidence. And he just didn't have that here.

I don't blame Drury either. This is the Blais he traded for originally when the team was trying to get tougher. He may have become this for us if not for PK Subban.

Trading him back for Tank is better for all parties involved.
Yeah it just didn’t work. He’s back where he is more comfortable and is flourishing so I’m happy for him. In the end we made out pretty well with Vlad and Nico

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I mean...a back to back with travel from NY to STL is madness, especially with playoffs so close. After such an emotional game last night, I'm not expecting too much from the Rangers - hopefully Vlad has a better game than Blais though.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I can't even imagine that. You just play an intense game full of scrums and penalties, and the next thing you have to do is go to the airport and fly 3+ hours to get to the hotel in the middle of the night and play again the next evening.

Gross.

(Although would I do it for the money they make? Yes. Yes, I would.)

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
I can't even imagine that. You just play an intense game full of scrums and penalties, and the next thing you have to do is go to the airport and fly 3+ hours to get to the hotel in the middle of the night and play again the next evening.

Gross.

(Although would I do it for the money they make? Yes. Yes, I would.)
3+ hours from NY to St. Louis? Must be taking the Cleveland Indians plane from Major League....

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
So a win here and a Devils loss tonight and how far back are we
If Devils and Carolina lose in regulation and Rangers win tonight, the Rangers will be 1 point back from M2 and 4 points back from M1, and Carolina will have a game in hand on both Devils/Rangers.

Remember that the Devils have the H2H against the Rangers, and the Rangers have the H2H against the Hurricanes. Rangers are also 1 back in the Regulation Win tie breaker for both Canes/Devils (first tiebreaker but technically second b/c pts% is first tiebreaker but that doesn't matter when everyone has played 82 games). Rangers are well behind in ROW though (4 behind Canes, 5 behind Devils) and hard seeing them make that up in remaining games.

Last edited:

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
If Devils and Carolina lose in regulation and Rangers win tonight, the Rangers will be 1 point back from M2 and 4 points back from M1, and Carolina will have a game in hand on both Devils/Rangers.

Remember that the Devils have the H2H against the Rangers, and the Rangers have the H2H against the Hurricanes. Rangers are also 1 back in the Regulation Win tie breaker for both Canes/Devils (first tiebreaker but technically second b/c pts% is first tiebreaker but that doesn't matter when everyone has played 82 games). Rangers are well behind in ROW though (4 behind Canes, 5 behind Devils) and hard seeing them make that up in remaining games.
Winning out puts us at 111 points. Carolina is at 109 already. Home ice is still up in the air I guess, but the division really isn't.

Reactions: Irishguy42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad