GDT: Game 78 - Winnipeg Jets @ Nashville Predators - Tuesday, April 9th, 2024 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Just win and it cements us into a top 3 and makes next game against Colorado very meaningful in terms of home ice advantage.
With regards to home ice "advantage"...Jets are 7-15 at home in the playoffs since their return, (10-12 on the road). If you take away the two Covid playoffs where there were no, or almost no, fans, their record is 5-11 with our storied Whiteout screaming at us and 7-9 on the road.

While I still agree that playing at home should be better than playing on the road, history says that this is NOT an advantage for our Jets.

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 10.33.01 AM.png

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
With regards to home ice "advantage"...Jets are 7-15 at home in the playoffs since their return, (10-12 on the road). If you take away the two Covid playoffs where there were no, or almost no, fans, their record is 5-11 with our storied Whiteout screaming at us and 7-9 on the road.

While I still agree that playing at home should be better than playing on the road, history says that this is NOT an advantage for our Jets.

That is still such a small sample to draw much from it. But it is interesting non the less.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
That is still such a small sample to draw much from it. But it is interesting non the less.

Interesting for sure.

Prospect of being able to hard-match COL's Big Line with a defensively capable one of our own is attractive.

Ultimately though I suspect that series will come down to goaltending and team scoring and D for the Jets, so home advantage may be just one factor among many.

A clean win against NSH would be great -- but I'm hqppy to see the team continue its stronger play and some key players rested than a big push for home ice.

And good to see @macmaroon in late-season form continuing to curate GDTs and Predictions. He is the Connor Hellebuyck of these boards.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I don't know, every playoffs is a different animal, injuries ect . Still think being at home with the last change is a advantage and any advantage is a good thing.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I don't know, every playoffs is a different animal, injuries ect . Still think being at home with the last change is a advantage and any advantage is a good thing.
I think that is beyond question. I'd suggest we've had one playoff run where we were competitive and made the Western Conference final and most of those home wins come from that.

We looked and played like crap for the most part against Vegas last year. The first time we made the playoffs against the Ducks we were swept. We had two wins at home against Edmonton (but all four of the games in that series were a coin toss IMO) and then shat the bed against Montreal.

I'll take last change any day against an offensively talented team. Why would we willingly give up that advantage?

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Interesting for sure.

Prospect of being able to hard-match COL's Big Line with a defensively capable one of our own is attractive.

Ultimately though I suspect that series will come down to goaltending and team scoring and D for the Jets, so home advantage may be just one factor among many.

A clean win against NSH would be great -- but I'm hqppy to see the team continue its stronger play and some key players rested than a big push for home ice.

And good to see @macmaroon in late-season form continuing to curate GDTs and Predictions. He is the Connor Hellebuyck of these boards.
Fairly safe to say home ice advantage has never been the only factor. ;)

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Is Bones sandbagging the ESV top line? It kinda looks like it...

So... just to be clear...

People wanted Connor off schiefs line and replaced by Ehlers because they'd be better defensively. Then Bones takes that line and deploys them in defensive zone starts, which is where you'd want to deploy a line that's supposed to be good defensively. Weird

Everyone wanted a line that could match up with the other team's best lines and win. Guess where other teams deploy their top line? In the O zone.

Sometimes I wonder whether or not people look at anything but spreadsheets

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Is Bones sandbagging the ESV top line? It kinda looks like it...

Too funny … when ESV scores the I told you crowd comes out when they don’t it’s a conspiracy .
Just a thought but maybe the opposing teams are smart enough to play a certain way against a top line. Thats why you need more than one scoring line but I guess it screws up the analytics narrative.
Seriously I don’t care who scores for the jets just as long as they score more goals than they let in.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
So... just to be clear...

People wanted Connor off schiefs line and replaced by Ehlers because they'd be better defensively. Then Bones takes that line and deploys them in defensive zone starts, which is where you'd want to deploy a line that's supposed to be good defensively. Weird

Everyone wanted a line that could match up with the other team's best lines and win. Guess where other teams deploy their top line? In the O zone.

Sometimes I wonder whether or not people look at anything but spreadsheets
Its such a small sample size... we have what two of those games with extended power play time? Then one game with Perfetti line on fire and one with 4th line thriving.

Everyone wringing their hands about Scheif-Connor reunited are going to manifest it haha

Reactions: Jets 31 and Buffdog

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Would Bones hand more defensive zone faceoffs to an injured C?

Also Scheifele was tops in Jets forward icetime over those 3 games.

And the line still dominated chances...
Not disputing any of that but Scheif is still not skating like he can... to me, it seems like he's knicked

Ehlers is the one gaining zone entry most of the time and his 'chaos' opens up lanes for Scheif and Vilardi who are great at finding sweet spots - they are just not quite connecting on passes right now

Im just saying it makes a lot more sense that Bones is playing Scheif without his groin being 100% over actively sabotaging his top line haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad