Erixon, Frattin, Schultz, Tropp

Injured
Murray​

Last edited:

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Must win game. If we can't find a way to get 2 points out of this, I don't hold out much hope for the post season.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
We'll find out tonight if the Jackets have any gas left in the proverbial tank. If not, the rest of the season's going to look like how Earnhardt finished this race...

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Think the boys come out firing tonight. A goal early in the game would do wonders for their confidence. Hopefully Bob is sharp as Nyquist and Tatar have been tearing things up of late.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I heard something on the radio this morning about Bob and keeping him fresh (workload - Todd talking to him).

Anyone know what that was about and how that impacts this week?

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Think the boys come out firing tonight. A goal early in the game would do wonders for their confidence. Hopefully Bob is sharp as Nyquist and Tatar have been tearing things up of late.

Just like Detroit to draft a kid at end of 4th round in his draft who didn't make their opening day roster and they call him up and he goes on a scoring binge averaging nearly a point-per-game. Has 7 goals in last 5 games for Detroit. Now at:

46 games: 23-17-40

compared to our top 3 for this year:

Ryjo: 71 games: 27-25-52
Dubi: 65 games: 14-28-42
Wiz: 64 games: 6-33-39

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I heard something on the radio this morning about Bob and keeping him fresh (workload - Todd talking to him).

Bob didn't participate in the full workout, yesterday, so he didn't face 300+ shots, as he usually might. Instead, Ian Clark structured a more focused workout for him to keep him sharp, without wearing him down. Seems that was the theory, anyway.

Here's AP on it:

Goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky was held out of the main practice, a 45-minute affair dealing entirely with special teams. Goaltender Curtis McElhinney did the yeoman's work this morning, while the organization's pro video scout - Mike Battaglia -- took the other end of the ice. That practice lasted about 45 minutes. Then, Bobrovsky took to the ice in OhioHealth IceHaus and fielded shots from defensemen Nick Schultz and forwards Jared Boll and Matt Frattin.

Here was the thinking:
Bobrovsky has made 19 consecutive starts. The last thing he needs right now, as goaltending coach Ian Clark said, "is 350 practice shots." McElhinney does need the work, however.
There were a few things Bobrovsky wanted to work on, but he needed to be able to highlight and specify those drills.
"Today was a really smart move by management," Bobrovsky said. "The team gets the work it needs, and I get the work I need. Right now, today, we need different things."

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

"Here was the thinking:
Bobrovsky has made 19 consecutive starts. The last thing he needs right now, as goaltending coach Ian Clark said, "is 350 practice shots." McElhinney does need the work, however.
There were a few things Bobrovsky wanted to work on, but he needed to be able to highlight and specify those drills.
"Today was a really smart move by management," Bobrovsky said. "The team gets the work it needs, and I get the work I need. Right now, today, we need different things.'"

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2014/03/stuck-in-the-middle.html

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
"Here was the thinking:
"Today was a really smart move by management," Bobrovsky said. "The team gets the work it needs, and I get the work I need. Right now, today, we need different things.'"

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2014/03/stuck-in-the-middle.html

Thanks. Seems reasonable.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I believe they’ll win it, with Pittsburgh coming up if they lose tonight the playoffs could be in serious jeopardy; there’s no alternative, they must win.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
not to look ahead too much, but Malkin out most of rest of regular season...so hopefully that's a spark somehow to us that we have some games to play catchup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad