GDT: Game 71: Predators @ Avalanche - Friday, March 16th, 7PM - Predators and Prey

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Smartest thing is not playing Varly. He's made 15 of the last 16 starts, and the one he didn't he had to come in and play in relief of Bernier. He needs a rest, if not for his sanity then for his groins.

The big test this week was the road trip and the Avs went 2-0. Give Varlamov the rest on a back to back and let him come in on Sunday vs Detroit.

Nah, light em up for the home fans

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If we beat the teams that are way behind us...

It was at this point that your post lost credibility :sarcasm:
I'd love to be surprised tonight by the Avs but it's a back to back vs the best team in the league. I know they're also on a back to back, but they're significantly better than us lol. Also, if it's Saros vs Martin I think we know who has the goaltending advantage.

If Zadorov is feeling hurt from last night, rest him. No sense in he or Varly playing if they're tired/banged up.
I didn't realize we were all that high on Spencer Martin before he pitches his 43 save shut out of the Preds :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: dahrougem2

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nothing against the Rampage guys, but it will be awesome having so much coverage of Av prospects next year for the Eagles. There's just more incentive for Avs reporters to cover them there. I'm sure the Avs as an organization will be pumping them up with PR too. Hopefully they bring in a good media department, and put out some good videos.

Are you new to following the avs?
Interesting since they were saying he was MIA down there. I wonder if this this type of stuff will get better once they're in Loveland.

Dan Weiss is the best source of information affiliated with this organization in anyway. And after this season he'll be gone...so I wouldn't hold my breath...

Last edited:

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Not expecting a win but was not expecting wins in the previous two games either.

Go Aveeees

Last edited:

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I guess we’re going for it, but If I’m a player I’d hope not to be within 100 feet when Varly’s groin blows, lol

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

i-can-dig-it.jpg

Reactions: cgf

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

I may have considered going with Lindholm tonight, I wasn't all that impressed w/ Warsofsky last night....BUT, I get that coaches rarely like to tamper with what's working.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I get that Spencer Martin is not a goalie that can be trusted at the NHL level. I know that Varly has been good to great this year. However it's a big risk going back to him this game for various reasons. There are 11 games left in the season after this and losing Varly to injury or even mental exhaustion (like Holtby/Vasi) would be a near death blow unless Bernier is ready to go Sunday. Honestly I'd be fine with giving Martin the start because he has the talent and could put it together for one game because he knows a NHL contract is on the line.

It wouldn't be calling the game a loss because we don't even know what Varly we are getting this game. We're starting a goalie who is starting his 16th game out of the last 17 games played. There were mental mistakes made against St. Louis due to fatigue. It's not hard to imagine that they will compound themselves for this game. We're essentially hoping Varly not only has a good game (which is never a given when a goalie plays the 2nd of a back-to-back), doesn't burn himself out mentally and avoids injury.

However if Bernier is able to come back by Sunday and/or Parkkila is fully behind this decision I'll feel better about it. I'd just hate to see Bednar ignore the warning signs, refuse to start Martin for this game then end up being forced to start Martin for the last 11 games because something happens to Varly.

Onto something cool:

Reactions: cgf and arun

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Isn't Lindholm actually injured? He came back for a game and late game decision on the next, never saw anything else on him

Good question, I just remember AJ saying that if he is injured he's not being treated like a normal injured player, i.e.--he is available to the media and he's been a full participant in practices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad