GDT: Game 71: Predators @ Avalanche - Friday, March 16th, 7PM - Predators and Prey

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Your apology was accepted.

Some game day music for everyone:

39215-grumpy-cat-no-Vyfj.jpeg

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Play Martin. This is a tough one anyways and can't have Varly injured.

Don't just give Martin the start against Detroit because you assume you'll win . Better to guarantee the win against Detroit than try to be smart and lose both.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Play Martin. This is a tough one anyways and can't have Varly injured.

Don't just give Martin the start against Detroit because you assume you'll win . Better to guarantee the win against Detroit than try to be smart and lose both.
This. There's no such thing as a guarantee win. Detroit losing to LA and Anaheim and then beating us would really suck.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Detroit may be fully on the tank train, but don't count them out for coming in here hoping to play spoiler against an old rival.

That said, I will still be surprised if Martin is in net tonight. It's just not like this team to wave a white flag before puck drop by starting a struggling young AHL backup against a team they almost beat not two weeks ago in the same building. Not to mention how mean it would be to Martin to offer him up as a sacrificial lamb to get shelled against the #1 team in the league just to save Varley. I get that the org is likely done with him, but don't rub his face in it.

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
I would have to imagine this is not an easy choice, on one hand we need 2 points, the other hand being Varly's workload. No coach wants to "throw" a game, which putting Martin in basically is?

I wouldn't want to make this choice...

Reactions: Avalanche

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
I wouldn't say starting Martin is throwing the game. Honestly maybe Martin will surprise us. He'll obviously be playing with something to prove. And lets be real we've made backups and rookies look like all-stars for years so maybe we can reverse the script for one game.

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad