GAME 7 - This is why we are fans

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Game 7 winning team

• Boston Bruins

Votes: 123 67.2%
  • Florida Panthers

Votes: 60 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
page (20).jpg

This will be the 30th Game 7 in Bruins history - They have won 15 and lost 14

On the morning after the day before we simply have to come to grips that Sunday night will be a game that will be one of the most important in franchise history.

I will post a pregame thread later today and @Alicat will then do her magic on Sunday.

The season might not end with a Stanley Cup but the season MUST continue into May.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Swayman should have played Game 5, less pressure and Linus is obviously cooked/injured etc.

Both teams will be just as desperate.

The offense is fine, but what has happened to the rock solid "D"?

All random thoughts on an avoidable situation.

Coming home up 3-1 nobody would have questioned him starting.

Ullmark's comments after Game 5 bothered me

I have learned over the years that athletes speaking in a second language never show emotion.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Ullmark looks like another Pete Peeters when he was a Bruin! Who was so f***ing bad he allowed Doug Keans to take his job in the playoffs in 85', because he sucked so bad the year before.Start Swayman if he shits the bed so be it ,a least they tried to right the ship.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Can’t say that I’m totally shocked we’re where we are ,the way they have lost Definitely,but did I think because of the great regular season the Bruins were going to Cruze through the playoffs no.That’s why I never got all hyped out about it ,only thing that means anything to me is the playoffs,regular season is just a long exhibition,worthless,meaningless.Playoff hockey is so different from regular season hockey.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I’ve been behind him all series but Ullmark cost them that game, giveaways be damned.

Clifton and Forbort shouldn’t have gotten shifts in the third after goal 4, was Clifton on the ice for all the 5v5 goals?

Just awful that we are in this position,my faith in their ability to not blow this right now is low. Defense and goalies were our strength all year and they’ve been a huge weakness out of no where.

You HAVE to go Swayman tomorrow

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Marchand - Bergeron - Debrusk

Bertuzzi - Zacha - Pastrnak

Hall - Krejci - Coyle

Frederic - Nosek - Hathaway

Grez- McAvoy
Lindholm- Carlo
Forbort- Orlov

Swayman

Foligno is out. Sorry but candy corn and hugs doesn't cut it.
Krejci not fast enough for the second line.
Ullmark is not in the right state of mind and likely fighting an injury. You go with Swayman.
Monty has been out coached this series.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Start Swayman. If Jim Montgomery is the coach I believe he is, the Bruins will win tomorrow.

This could be like the 2013 series against the Maple Leafs. The Bruins held a 3-1 series lead and the Leafs forced a Game 7. That game was named “Game of the Decade” for the 2010s by NHL.com.

I’m not naming any names, but there are some guys on the Bruins that really need to step their games up tomorrow. They need to get their minds right.

I really think they can get to the Final if they can win one lousy game tomorrow.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Well…..who would she thought at the end of a season we wouldn’t be saying ‘Fire Sweeney!’ LOL! For once the GM has nothing to do with this and it’s all on the ice/coach.

Right now it’s all mental…..and that actually is my biggest worry. They crack when they shouldn’t. The hand pass called back goal tightened them up vs being pissed and using the emotion to get a goal. The D that is supposed to be elite isn’t even close to that and Ullmark is hurt or not a playoff goalie.

I cannot believe there is a game 7, but I’ve seen it all going back to the ‘78 Bruins, so I shouldn’t be surprised at anything. No way did I think they would go 16-0…..but no way did I think they wouldn’t resemble what we saw in the regular season in some form.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Marchand - Bergeron - Debrusk

Bertuzzi - Zacha - Pastrnak

Hall - Krejci - Coyle

Frederic - Nosek - Hathaway

Grez- McAvoy
Lindholm- Carlo
Forbort- Orlov

Swayman

Foligno is out. Sorry but candy corn and hugs doesn't cut it.
Krejci not fast enough for the second line.
Ullmark is not in the right state of mind and likely fighting an injury. You go with Swayman.
Monty has been out coached this series.
Exactly what I would go with to,although do they have another defence man in Providence .

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
Coming home up 3-1 nobody would have questioned him starting.

Ullmark's comments after Game 5 bothered me

I have learned over the years that athletes speaking in a second language never show emotion.

How he even dare. He is personally responsible for two last losses. Flashback for tuukka. Hopefully Bruins sell him this summer regardless whatever happens with playoffs.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
One thing I will say that bothered me last night was the Pasta breakaway when we were up with 9 mins left.

It was exactly why this guy becomes invisible 5 on 5 in the PO. He is only dangerous on the PP.

He needs to bear down and bury that puck. Instead he throws a muffin at Bob looking for a penalty.

Your not getting that call in the playoffs at that moment.

Reactions: BMC

Jockularity

Jan 17, 2019
I'm curious of the effects (if any) of the Bergy/Krejci absences then returns on the team, beyond line up changes. With them out, was the team playing with the "every one has to step up" mentality to make up for Bergy's absence in particular...playing with more intensity, motivation, etc? Then we he returned, maybe they collectively relaxed a bit, felt overly confident (they had their capt. back) and it bit them in the collective arse in Game 5...then things just started to fall apart from there? Don't know.

Saying that, hopefully it's a good Game 7, and the entire team plays to their full potential and skill set...plays with confidence, heart, desire...and plays smart. Guess we'll see tomorrow. Have a good day, all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad