Post-Game Talk: GAME 7 - Nashville 4 BRUINS 0

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Ya think? :eyeroll:

I love Charlie but except for his PP goal he has been terrible. IDK WTF is wrong with him but he's got to fix it and quickly.
I know you love him but he's an average player that's getting older and slower. He's less physical that he was before if that was even possible, can't win face offs and has been garbage on the pk, a supposed strength

We need to move away from these type of players but the problem is not a team in the league would take him for what his contract demands.

Carlo is another, Freddy and Geekie will be gone soon enough.

Pasta looks like he just started playing hockey, Chuckie appears to have dropped physicality form his game and now looks like a top 4 d and nothing better.

Swayman has looked average at best, coach is out to lunch I can go on an on

We need a major hockey trade to shake this up before its too late.

Good morning everyone!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Well I am so glad I went to bed instead of staying up to watch this shit show.

I agree with posters who said Monty botched the pre-season by playing too many non-starters too much instead of having the regulars out there developing their chemistry. They look terribly out of sync with one another like they've never played together before, which in truth they haven't.
However what's worse is the vibe I'm getting from them- they're not invested (with the exception of the fourth line). Lazy passes, stupid penalties, more turnovers than Pepperidge Farm, they play like they don't give a shit which is a mortal sin with me.

Reactions: BTO

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Should have kept Danton. He was so versatile. He could play on any line without complaining.

Good points.

Got to try and stay out of the box. I know it isn't always possible but yikes.

#91 spends far too much time in the box.
#91 is guilty of being stronger than everyone else. Majority of his penalties are just him being that.

Bruins fans want to turn him into Carlo

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Well I am so glad I went to bed instead of staying up to watch this shit show.

I agree with posters who said Monty botched the pre-season by playing too many non-starters too much instead of having the regulars out there developing their chemistry. They look terribly out of sync with one another like they've never played together before, which in truth they haven't.
However what's worse is the vibe I'm getting from them- they're not invested (with the exception of the fourth line). Lazy passes, stupid penalties, more turnovers than Pepperidge Farm, they play like they don't give a shit which is a mortal sin with me.
maybe someone with more inside info than this couch potato can answer this. I always thought it was often the vet players themselves who dictated how often they will play in preseason? Understanding of course the coach and upper management might want a longer look at certain players too?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
They would be 1-6 without Swayman and in contention for a top 5 pick. He's worth what he is getting paid
His stats are mediocre thus far meaning for his salary he should elevate a team if he's the guy. If any goalie would be the same why is 8 mill being paid. He cant complain for months about salary then say oh well not my fault when the games are played

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It isn't just that we may have some players slotted higher than they should be. Even if we say Coyle is a 3C and Frederic is a 3rd or 4th liner, for example, they should still be playing better than they are. Something is really off with the team. Whoever said a team that is returning this many players with the same coach was dead on that they shouldn't be this dysfunctional.

Brad still looks cooked and I feel like he hasn't been peak Brad for at least couple of seasons now. Age, wear and tear, persistent injury, whatever, and he still gets a LOT of attention from other teams. Okay, it happens, but WTF with Pastrnak? He has been hot garbage. Zacha? Coyle, Frederic, Geekie, Poitras, Brazeau? What's the deal with those guys playing like they don't have a clue about where to be and what to do.

E. Lindholm has been okay- it's hard to tell sometimes because his linemates have been shit, but he at least has the excuse of being a new guy.

Passes to nowhere, losing the majority of puck battles, failed zone exits, neutral zone turnovers, d men getting lost in coverage, a powerless play and on and on. I mean it's been tough to watch out there, even with a few wins. I'll ask again, what the hell is going on?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
The team is much bigger, which is great, but when they flat out refuse to forecheck (other than the 4th line) it's an issue. That's on the coach, straight up.
I don't buy it because of the 4th line playing the way they are. We keep saying players get neutered when they come here, but Kastelic is doing just fine.

While I think coaching hasn't been great and can be a problem, it's on the players to have to want to forecheck and get physical. The goal was to get bigger, but when the players they get that are big can't do what they are expected to do all the while having holes in other areas of their game, we get the product we are currently seeing.

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
Relax everyone we are basically the same as everyone else

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241023-105417.png
    Screenshot_20241023-105417.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 1

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don't buy it because of the 4th line playing the way they are. We keep saying players get neutered when they come here, but Kastelic is doing just fine.

While I think coaching hasn't been great and can be a problem, it's on the players to have to want to forecheck and get physical. The goal was to get bigger, but when the players they get that are big can't do what they are expected to do all the while having holes in other areas of their game, we get the product we are currently seeing.
Right. I don't disagree - But why aren't they getting the message yet?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Right. I don't disagree - But why aren't they getting the message yet?
My only guess is they don't have the willingness to do so. Some of these guys have played for two coaches while they have been a Bruin. I don't think a 3rd coach would change how they play all of a sudden.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's easy to point at standings and be like "It's not that bad"

but when you watch the games and see how disjointed the team is...
Beat me to it- it's actually a little surprising that they aren't 1-6 right now.

My only guess is they don't have the willingness to do so. Some of these guys have played for two coaches while they have been a Bruin. I don't think a 3rd coach would change how they play all of a sudden.

That's the common denominator, because we saw a lot of this same stuff (not so prevalent) under Cassidy- low compete level, losing puck battles, shitty powerplay. Right now all of that is leveled up for some reason, but I agree it seems to be on the veteran core of the team at the end of the day. Brad, Pasta, Mac, Carlo, Coyle, Hampus, maybe Freddie now, are the tone-setters and culture drivers of the team.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I love how Monty pulled the goalie with 6 minutes left and Nashville scored within 3 seconds of it.
I don't think Montgomery is a good coach but he has had just about every decision he has made this year bite him in the ass. Screaming at your captain on the bench is not a good look and probably an indication of him knowing he is on the firing line. Old rule of firing coach is easiest move over trading players does not bode well for him.

Reactions: drkfluff

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
I concur about training camp while also saying maybe to many invited to camp and too many staying to long. Also Monty is the only coach that hasn't brought in any of his own coach's. I believe there is a disconnect between Sweeney and Monty which isn't helping right now. An added bonus with the team playing so awful is that no one is noticing the 9.5 million pylon.

Last edited:
Reactions: drkfluff

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
It's hilarious to watch at this point.
Pasta toe picking on a breakaway.
Team doesn't know how to snipe. Just shooting the puck at the goalie. No hustle, can't make/receive a pass.
PP is embarrassing.
Marchand is looking his age.

4th line is beauty tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad