GDT: Game 68: Canadiens @ Oilers | Tues. March 19, 9 pm ET | SNW, TSN2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
I'm not even mad, Oilers just clearly a better team. Definitely concerned about CC though. Why can't we have nice things? 😭

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's been apparent to me for some time Cole Caufield is not what we need on the left side of our top line.
It's never going to be his game.

Reactions: sampollock

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You excuse matheson a lot, Ive noticed
A lot? I'm taking into account that he's playing way too much. If Joel Armia was playing 30 minutes a game I wouldn't be calling him the worst player in NHL history, I'd say he's playing too much.

Blaming Matheson for Caufield giving up a 2 on 1 or Anderson having zero awareness of who's on the ice while being soft as shit is not excusing Matheson, it's putting more blame on the other guys for making a bigger mistake.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'm not even mad, Oilers just clearly a better team. Definitely concerned about CC though. Why can't we have nice things? 😭

It's too bad they've been so mismanaged in terms of contracts because they're close to being legit contenders. Give them the depth of a Vegas, Dallas or Carolina and it's an easy path to the cup for them.

Reactions: Riddick412

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
A lot? I'm taking into account that he's playing way too much. If Joel Armia was playing 30 minutes a game I wouldn't be calling him the worst player in NHL history, I'd say he's playing too much.

Blaming Matheson for Caufield giving up a 2 on 1 or Anderson having zero awareness of who's on the ice while being soft as shit is not excusing Matheson, it's putting more blame on the other guys for making a bigger mistake.
Matheson is just forced to be a #1 D man when he's not. He's clearly a very solid 2nd pairing D.

Reactions: The Great Weal

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
that's true, but let's just disagree. im not worried for Caufield at all.

let's see what he can do next year in a proper Top 6
I'm not worried either, but he's not having a good year.
Yup, he's done, he's officially a 20 goal scorer from now on.

Best trade him while we can. :sarcasm:
Yes saying that he's having a bad year for his standards is me calling him a 20 goalscorer from now on. I expect him to bounce back, but he's not been good enough this year.
I would surprised if he wasn't back to form next year. I really think the surgery affected him.
I think so too.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

I don't know what you people expect out of a 5'2 player with an amazing shot.

He was never meant to be all that outside of scoring goals and a bit of playmaking.

We're trying to turn him into David Pastrnak, it ain't happening.

He will bounce back next year, and he will continue to lose at least half his board battles and you will treat him like a God.

Reactions: Runner77

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Caufield will always be this player guys. The problem is he's not scoring 40-50.

All the bad stuff is amplified when he's a 20-25 goal scorer.
I agree
I still see a 37-40g guy at his best in the future
But people thinking he'd be having 0 problems in physicality somehow? He was never growing higher than 5"7 lol

I always said tho, if he 'really' wants to hit that next level
He. Has. To. Get. Much. Faster.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I'm not worried either, but he's not having a good year.

Yes saying that he's having a bad year for his standards is me calling him a 20 goalscorer from now on. I expect him to bounce back, but he's not been good enough this year.

So if you're not worried about him bouncing back, and realise it's just a down year goal scoring wise, why harp on it?

Reactions: Habano
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad