GDT: Game 68: Canadiens @ Oilers | Tues. March 19, 9 pm ET | SNW, TSN2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Armia has been the best Hab player through 2 periods IMO. Armia playing like this could've really helped a contenders bottom 6 and PK in the playoffs.

Gally also working his ass off even more than usual tonight. The game overall though as been pretty meh.
And if the worthlesss puke Armia had played like this all season he might have gotten traded to a contender. He only shows up when the games mean nothing.

Reactions: Runner77

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Roy gets a breakaway with 'skating concerns'
And Slaf who skates like a gazelle, I have never seen on a breakaway lol

Slaf plays too deep in our zone. In fact he often takes the low corner boards instead of Suzuki, which allows Suzuki to break out of our zone early and get an actual breakaway. Suzuki plays more mid-slot defense and half boards.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not really. He's just not been very dynamic and has had quite a few games with poor shot selection. He looks to be getting carried by Suzuki and Slaf. I'm sure he'll overcome it though.
He’s a different kind of player. He’s not going to give you the two way play that Suzuki will. What he will give you is a whack of shots and goals. At least that’s what he’s supposed to give you.

It’s a really disappointing season for him but not a total loss. His overall game improved so it’s a good development year.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't know what you people expect out of a 5'2 player with an amazing shot.

He was never meant to be all that outside of scoring goals and a bit of playmaking.

We're trying to turn him into David Pastrnak, it ain't happening.

He will bounce back next year, and he will continue to lose at least half his board battles and you will treat him like a God.
With last year’s shooting percentage he’d be pacing for over 50.

Disappointing year. But I’m not worrried.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
No he's just not my cup of tea for a player who will be constantly up against the top lines.
I'm not questioning his skills it's more his utility in that role.
He racks up tons of chances. If he was sitting here with 40 goals right now (which he should have) you’d be ecstatic with him.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I agree
I still see a 37-40g guy at his best in the future
But people thinking he'd be having 0 problems in physicality somehow? He was never growing higher than 5"7 lol

I always said tho, if he 'really' wants to hit that next level
He. Has. To. Get. Much. Faster.

It's the drought for offense in this fan base.

As soon as we get a guy who can score goals and shows offensive skill, we expect him to become a superstar and carry the team.

This is why we're rebuilding, so guys like CC can be what theyre supposed to be. He's not meant to be more than a sniper.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The only thing wrong is the shooting percentage. That’s it.
Oh come on, it's not just that. Plays are dying on his stick, board play is non-existent and he is completely lost on the defensive side of the puck. This isn't a doomer outlook either, this is what is being played out right in front of us.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I don't know what you people expect out of a 5'2 player with an amazing shot.

He was never meant to be all that outside of scoring goals and a bit of playmaking.

We're trying to turn him into David Pastrnak, it ain't happening.

He will bounce back next year, and he will continue to lose at least half his board battles and you will treat him like a God.
Pastrnak’s a mediocre defensive player, he happened to be C by a HOF two way defensive stalwart

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Because he's not good enough this year and many people are pretending like he's been great.

He's been good though, heck they're even talking about his progression on this intermission. The only thing he hasn't been great at is his goal scoring. His bread and butter, he himself will say he needs to score more.

He'll be fine. It's literally the best year for this to happen btw.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
He’s a different kind of player. He’s not going to give you the two way play that Suzuki will. What he will give you is a whack of shots and goals. At least that’s what he’s supposed to give you.

It’s a really disappointing season for him but not a total loss. His overall game improved so it’s a good development year.
That's precisely what I said.
Sorry but ''solid'' and ''Matheson'' can't be in the same sentence, still offensevly he his producing have to give him that
He gets a lot of unnecessary hate for some boneheaded plays and defensive lapses but I think it's just because he's being overplayed beyond his capacity.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

As soon as we get a guy who can score goals and shows offensive skill, we expect him to become a superstar and carry the team.

This is why we're rebuilding, so guys like CC can be what theyre supposed to be. He's not meant to be more than a sniper.
He's in the mold of Kessell, Cammalleri, and Hoffman.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

7.5 percent is extremely low. He should be around 12–13. That would be a normal year. And with that he’d have 40+ goals. If he shot at last year’s pace he’d be over 50.

The guy walked into this season with 48 goals in his last 82. He’s going to rack up more shots this season than any player we’ve had since Lafleur.

There’s every reason to believe he’ll be a 40-50 goal guy. He should’ve been that this year.

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
I don’t get this.

I think he’s one of the most entertaining players we have. I don’t care so much about his mistakes because we’re rebuilding anyway. His offense is fun to watch and the man can skate. I think he’s actually fun to watch.

But if we were a contender? I’d have a stroke.
You cant be serious!
He is -31 now!
There is only 4 players in the whole NHL who are worse than Matheson!
4!
Hard numbers tell you the story, not the feelings or blind sympathy.

Reactions: Forum93

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He's been good though, heck they're even talking about his progression on this intermission. The only thing he hasn't been great at is his goal scoring. His bread and butter, he himself will say he needs to score more. He'll be fine.
He hasn't. 20 goals for an 8 million sniper is not good. If he bounces back to being 40 goalscorer which was expected then great, but 20 goals is not enough. I also don't agree with "the only thing". Despite improvements in his defensive game, it's still not good but that's never going to be good so that's fine. The best defense is being in the other teams end when it comes to Cole. We aren't counting on Cole to be a well rounded guy who can do a bit of everything, we are depending on him to lead the team in goals and score a ton of them, everything else is secondary.

Reactions: sampollock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad