Post-Game Talk: Game 66: Caps win in OT 2-1 - We're on to Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Would also love to see the CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE the refs saw to overturn the Krug goal. Sure as hell didn't show anything conclusive on the TV

It was close, but I didn't think there was any reason to overturn it based on the replays. Sucks because Krug really needed that one to get the monkey off his back. I really hate the coaches challenge too. The calls and overturns are so wildly inconsistent from game to game that it's embarrassing. Just go back to the way it was. Even if they get a call wrong from time to time it's still better than how it is now.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Claude is right and could be fined for saying that.

Two sets of rules.

****ing ********.

I'm glad he did.

Even so, the Bruins did NOTHING in response.

They deserved to lose. And don't give me the Savard excuse. Everyone in the building saw it. What did the Bruins do? Nothing.

PS If there are any lame ass "Caps" fans visiting this thread tonight, eff you.

bruins51

Jul 5, 2015
They said on the broadcast that for a game misconduct you either had to have primary contact with the head or draw blood. Since Ovi did neither, he only got the 5 minute major. Not sure if that's accurate or not, but that's how they explained why he wasn't tossed on the NESN feed.

if thats the rule its fine. but then we have spooner earlier in the year ejected for something like this?

no consistency is the most maddening thing. if marchand or rinaldo delivered the hit ovi did, 100% chance they are thrown out.

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
It was close, but I didn't think there was any reason to overturn it based on the replays. Sucks because Krug really needed that one to get the monkey off his back. I really hate the coaches challenge too. The calls and overturns are so wildly inconsistent from game to game that it's embarrassing. Just go back to the way it was. Even if they get a call wrong from time to time it's still better than how it is now.

These replays aren't making the calls any more consistent, that's for sure. Most of the decisions are mind boggling.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yes it would .Spooner had his skating legs going tonight and seems to play a similar game to Pasta . Not really seeing much chemsity between Krejci and Pasta .

Exactly. If anything, Pasta is a round peg in a square hole on that line. He's got speed to burn, and he plays with two guys who want to slow it down. Insane that it hasn't been changed. Hell, even a guy like Hayes would fit better up there skills wise instead of Pasta.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
We got 3-4 points aganist the best teams I ok with that need to go to fla and continue this type of hockey. But Rask needs to make that save IMO but happy with the points.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
if thats the rule its fine. but then we have spooner earlier in the year ejected for something like this?

no consistency is the most maddening thing. if marchand or rinaldo delivered the hit ovi did, 100% chance they are thrown out.

I couldn't tell you if that's true or not. Just throwing out what Jack said. But I agree with you. If this was Marchand, he'd have gotten tossed in an instant.

Jack218D

Jan 27, 2012
Would also love to see the CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE the refs saw to overturn the Krug goal. Sure as hell didn't show anything conclusive on the TV

Great post and even better point. There was no conclusive evidence. Bs win this one going away if that goal stands and it 100% should have stood

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm glad he did.

Even so, the Bruins did NOTHING in response.

They deserved to lose. And don't give me the Savard excuse. Everyone in the building saw it. What did the Bruins do? Nothing.

PS If there are any lame ass "Caps" fans visiting this thread tonight, eff you.

Marchand at least stuck his nose in there. Chara coming over well after the scrum had commenced, and doing nothing was disheartening to me. Shows me how far his game has truly dropped. Not really playing with an edge or any nasty in his game anymore. Sad.

5Minutes4Fighting

Light the Lamp!
Apr 9, 2010
Northern NJ
Do refs have angles that TV doesn't? If not, shouldn't goal called on ice stand unless it is CLEARLY offsides? Looked like it could have gone either way. In my book, that's called inconclusive and the call on the ice stands....but what the heck do I know? Seems we've gotten hosed on this call from both sides this year.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
The only way that happens is if Chara figures out how to time travel, because the 39 year old version of Big Z doesn't have any teeth.

When I saw him wish happy birthday to Milt Schmidt in that video he looked like he had the shoulders of a 6 foot 150 ln weakling. He looks scrawny to me all of a sudden for some reason.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Marchand at least stuck his nose in there. Chara coming over well after the scrum had commenced, and doing nothing was disheartening to me. Shows me how far his game has truly dropped. Not really playing with an edge or any nasty in his game anymore. Sad.

I was thinking about this. There has been a slight uptick in their physical play of late. Slight.

But, why couldn't Z go after Ovie? It's not about skating or positioning to defend against a play. It's about pounding that punk. Jesus. What's not to understand?

I've felt better since the deadline in terms of a stable lineup where guys are slotted in properly, and other guys (ZR, JK, etc.) are no longer in the lineup. The Chicago game was encouraging. This wasn't. And, again, it wasn't about speed, blah blah blah. It was about punching Ovechkin's face in. And they didn't do it, instantly. The way they used to.

The one thing the media types are good for in situations like this is giving the Bruins crap for failing to respond physically.

Haggs, where art thou?

(At 31 Flavors? Oh. :) )

indy

Oct 18, 2015

Exactly. It is a farce. Game management, not officiating.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
When I saw him wish happy birthday to Milt Schmidt in that video he looked like he had the shoulders of a 6 foot 150 ln weakling. He looks scrawny to me all of a sudden for some reason.

To borrow a sports cliche, father time remains undefeated. Hard to watch him turn into a very marginal player over the last couple of season, but the big minutes and long playoff runs have seemingly caught up to him.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
They said on the broadcast that for a game misconduct you either had to have primary contact with the head or draw blood. Since Ovi did neither, he only got the 5 minute major. Not sure if that's accurate or not, but that's how they explained why he wasn't tossed on the NESN feed.

Why is that the threshold? How is blood in anyway indicative of an injury or even pain? I can remember many times during basketball games looking down and realize that I was bleeding and trying to hide it from the officials. It should be an injury, not blood. Or blatant contact like that hit from Ovi or the hit that put McQ out for awhile. Horrible officiating all night long.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I didn't think Chara of all players would need this lesson, but wear the logo with some pride. He isn't Bergeron, he is the biggest player in the NHL. No pride from Chara for himself, his teammates, or the dedicated fans when he allows this to occur with no retribution.

It isn't the playoffs. It's a regular season game.

Also, Stempniak has looked good overall... but his running out of gas in the 3v3 breakaway was tough.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I'm just getting in from the game. For the first time in my 6 years as a STH I had someone thrown out. Intentionally pouring beer on me is one thing, and throwing popcorn is fine, **** I could have lived with them scuffing up my jerseys with the their shoes but once they started to threaten my little brother everything changed. Im a younger guy and I'm generally fine with most things but a bunch of older aged drunk guys picking on my little brother is ridiculous.

I was forced out of my old season ticket seats two years ago due to an error by my rep and since I have grown to hate going to these seats as I sit in front of the bruins group rate area in the corner... I miss my center ice seats so much

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad