GDT: Game 65: Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens 2/25/20 7:00pm EST SNP, TSN2, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nah..disagree. No issues with him being used mostly on the 3rd line while averaging 2min of PP time per game...guy was barely 18 when the season started and he's not a McDavid or Crosby type.
There's no way he could have handled 16-18min of ice time on the top 6 last year. Forget it.
Quinn Hughes is doing it this year ?
Makar did it ?
Suzuki did it ?
Barkov did it ?
Barzal did it?
Pete did it ?

Man so many did it idk why youre hitting me with that couldnt handle it bs.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I didn't miss it. I said I didn't think he was physically ready. So if it were up to me, he wouldn't have made the team last year. I also didn't agree with the way Julien played him. Or the way he treats most young or rookie players. Which is another reason I'm thrilled he's in Laval right now.
I dont think it matters much if hes not ready physically.

These kids have NHL level talent, especially Kotkaniemi, he's a guy thats at the very top of his class skill wise, talents trumps everything.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Makar did it ?
Suzuki did it ?
Barkov did it ?
Barzal did it?
Pete did it ?

Only player who played in their D+1 year was Barkov. Everyone else spent a year in another league; in some cases 2 years. KK was rushed.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I dont think it matters much if hes not ready physically.

These kids have NHL level talent, especially Kotkaniemi, he's a guy thats at the very top of his class skill wise, talents trumps everything.

It does if he spends half the game on his ass. I agree with you. You've never heard/read me say anything negative about KK. Sure I'm a big Hughes fan, but I'm still very happy we drafted KK. I just want to see him fill out more. Then I want to laugh at all the doubters that have complained we didn't draft someone else.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It does if he spends half the game on his ass. I agree with you. You've never heard/read me say anything negative about KK. Sure I'm a big Hughes fan, but I'm still very happy we drafted KK. I just want to see him fill out more. Then I want to laugh at all the doubters that have complained we didn't draft someone else.
Still have faith in KK. Something wrong between him and CJ but I think longterm he's going to be just fine. And he's already filled in a fair bit.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Makar did it ?
Suzuki did it ?
Barkov did it ?
Barzal did it?
Pete did it ?

:huh:
Hughes is 20 dude...not barely 18.
Makar is 21. Late 20s in the POs last year when he joined Colorado.
Suzuki is 20.
Barzal was 20.
Pettersson was 20.
Barkov is the only one you mentioned who was also 18 and it took him a few years to come into his own. He really stepped into a next level just last year.

But I don't know how pointing to different players/people somehow means that KK himself was ready for it. I'm basing myself on his actual play, last year and this year. The kid was not ready.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Still have faith in KK. Something wrong between him and CJ but I think longterm he's going to be just fine. And he's already filled in a fair bit.

I love KK. I think some people have forgotten about him or undervalue him because Suzuki has done so well. As for CJ, a young team is not for him. He'd be much better with a veteran line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad