GDT: Game 61 - Seattle Kraken @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, March 5th, 2024 - 7:00pm CST - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
With Names they're even
With Vilardi they're even
With Iafallo they're even
With Appleton they're -1

So they aren't a net positive, they're -1. I was wrong (see how easy that was for me? Its because im intelectually secure). But that's in over 420 minutes together

But I don't see the train wreck everyone is talking about
There's a bit of irony calling yourself intellectually secure while misspelling intellectually :laugh:

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Niederreider-SwissArmyKnife.jpg

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Connor Schief Vilardi were 9GF 9GA

My opinion is that your first line CAN break even, providing your winning the other 3 lines, goaltending and special teams match ups. Having Ehlers on that 2nd line makes it so much better

Look at rhe the top lines in the west. Edmonton has McDavid, Vegas has Eichal, Colorado has Mackinnon, etc... I don't think that we'll ever have a top line like that be cause we'll never finish low enough to draft that C and we ain't attracting one here either

So chevy needs to figure out a different way to do it. It happens all the time. You used to have to have a Roy or Brodeur or Vasilevski to win, until Vegas came along and did it differently

To me, as mong as we're stacking up wins, I'm happy. It's the depth that makes me believe. We don't have a Melaleinan or Stenlund.

Yeahhh, buuut. From Murat :

Consider the numbers — not the analytics, but real goals. Ehlers and Scheifele have never finished a season without outscoring their opponents in the minutes they share at five-on-five. The effect is usually dramatic: Winnipeg has scored 21 goals with them on the ice this season while only giving up seven goals.

That’s the exact same score that last year’s Cup champion duo of Jack Eichel and Mark Stone beat teams at five-on-five last season.

Add up their success over the past six years? Winnipeg’s advantage grows to 98-61. It’s the stuff of Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl, Nathan MacKinnon and Mikko Rantanen. It’s reminiscent of what Cup winners Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane used to create together. That’s not analytics; it’s goals.

Every single game the Jets avoid playing Scheifele and Ehlers together is a game they leave goals on the table.

Now, consider Bowness’ preferred lines and the goals they give up.

I'd love if we have two lines that were working like this. I hope it works.

Reactions: Buffdog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad