GDT: Game 61: Columbus at Montreal | 2/28 7:30PM

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Yeah that depth is not gonna get us very far in the playoffs. Really could use a guy like Boyle in the bottom..

I like his game, but a 2nd round pick to rent a 4th liner for the playoffs is not forward thinking.

lillypad33

Sep 20, 2008
Kitchener
When the referees put the whistle away, and then call penalties it leads to fans scratching their heads.
Torts can cry and complain all he wants about the penalty in overtime, but I didn't see him complaining when Radulov got an interference penalty with 7 minutes left in the 3rd for simply winning a puck battle.
He also didn't complain about a legit goal being waved off in OT.
Still....don't know why the refs don't call everything they see instead of turning a blind eye. It just amplifies the penalties that are actually called.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
When the referees put the whistle away, and then call penalties it leads to fans scratching their heads.
Torts can cry and complain all he wants about the penalty in overtime, but I didn't see him complaining when Radulov got an interference penalty with 7 minutes left in the 3rd for simply winning a puck battle.
Still....don't know why the refs don't call everything they see instead of turning a blind eye. It just amplifies the penalties that are actually called.

He actually left it on the ice, and didn't dwell on it. Watch the post game, Torts put the officiating behind him quickly and had little interest in discussing it further.

Great game really, both coaches have arguments about officiating and that's pretty typical in a nip tuck game that is tied for 60+ minutes.

Arch City Zach

Jun 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
archcityarmy.com
I'll be the first to admit that Hartnell should have gotten one on that slew footing of Price in the 1st. There was so much back and forth that if you're going to let them play, you let them play the whole game, not just parts of it. The waived off goal in OT had to be because the ref lost sight and was going to blow his whistle, or when reviewing it, saw the puck go off of Max's glove. Habs got away with a lot, Jackets got away with a lot. Poor officiating the whole way through.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH

I thought the replays were very clear that Patches pushed the puck into the net with his gloved hand. The puck NEVER touched his stick before crossing the goal line. I think it could be debated about the timing of the whistle, intent to blow it, etc., but that to me the use of the hand seemed absolutely clear. I wish the refs would have stated that when making the call (if that in fact was why they said no goal), but they went with the generic "The call on the ice stands".

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I thought the replays were very clear that Patches pushed the puck into the net with his gloved hand. The puck NEVER touched his stick before crossing the goal line. I think it could be debated about the timing of the whistle, intent to blow it, etc., but that to me the use of the hand seemed absolutely clear. I wish the refs would have stated that when making the call (if that in fact was why they said no goal), but they went with the generic "The call on the ice stands".

Yes, not a legit goal. The call could have went against us, but we had intent to whistle on our side and after close review, the puck was pushed through the goalie and over the line by the forearm or hand/wrist.

What I would be upset about if I was bleu-blanc-rouge would have been the slew foot by Hartnell in the 1st.

Great game, I thoroughly enjoyed it even seeing us lose in OT like that. Crowd noise sounded impressive on tv. I think MTL is turning the corner and will finish a strong 1st in the ATL.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

Lol, 10-0 still stings, huh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad