GDT: Game 6 | Leafs Vs Bruins | COME BACK CONTINUES - (and so does) WAKE UP EDITION | Thursday, May 2; 8 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 2-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Just watched that video of matthews skating….looks pretty good to me? No idea what is going on there but it must be bad for him not to play

Reactions: saffronleaf

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Not feeling good about tonight. They have gotten too many people back on board. They work best when only a handful of fans have hope.

Also the Bruins won't let Jack Edwards sign off with a loss. Leafs don't normally respond well to those games where there's a chance to ruin another team's night.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I genuinely have no clue what to expect tonight. I did have a dream last night of another 2-1 Leafs win with a last minute GWG in the 3rd period.

I would much prefer we finally get to Swayman tonight and put 3 or more past him.

I think it is all going to come down to how Boston comes out. If the speculation from their market is true, there may be some hesitancy and/or demons that they are going to have to work through to close this out. Knowing that script all too well, if we can get on them early we might be able to back them into a pitty party. That said, I can't recall a time I have ever seen that level of defeat from the Bruins. So I wouldn't bank on it happening.

Nonetheless, we need the first goal IMO. We need to keep that flame of doubt alive.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
So Nylander missed half the series
Matthews missed little less then half the series
Marner is still hurt

Awesome

Reactions: Al14

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
Going into game 6 Knies is the only Leafs player with more than 1 goal.
In that context, it's a miracle there even is a game 6.

Maybe tonight a few guys can step up? Nylander, Robertson, Jarnkrok to name a few.
But most likely Woll is going to have to steal this one for the Buds.
I think this can't be a Joe Woll steal.

He was the reason we won last game in the sense that our offense still didn't break open and couldn't convert on a great 60 mins.

He allowed the offense to gain their confidence by not losing a very frustrating can't find a way game. Now they've played well enough and if they can put a good/great 60 out there again I expect they'll get 3 or 4. Woll will have to be good but not steal it for us.

Then he can steal Saturday for us. #beleaf

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Joseph, this is your chance to become an elite legend status tender. No pressure. 2 games. We need 2 games.

Do it Woll. You're our only hope.

Reactions: Twine Tickler

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
No Wes McCauley, thank god
Let's be real here, we all know there is going to be a game seven and it's obvious that the ref will be Wes McCauley, and the leafs will lose the game, and there will be at least one play during the game that we wish had been refereed differently, and the conspiracy theories will start up again, despite the fact that Leafs coach Sheldon Keefe testified in favor of McCauley's cousin Sheldon Keefe testified in favor of McCauley's brother in law David Frost, not against him.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Leafs don't normally respond well to those games where there's a chance to ruins another team's night.
This is my fear as well.

I felt very comfortable about a game 5 win, but this team routinely fails to rise to the occasion in situations exactly like this. Oddly, I actually think not having Matthews in the lineup is a good thing from a mentality standpoint. They already have their excuse baked into the narrative. As in, if they lose, well we didn't have our best player, what do you expect? I think it kind of eases the pressure on some of the guys knowing that there is a a group of people already counting them out.

I know it sounds far fetched, but it just always is that way for our group. It makes no sense. But we have a very good record with guys like Matty and Mo out of the lineup, and there is definitely more at play than everyone suddenly realizing they need to bare down and play with attention to detail in their absence. I genuinely feel it allows them to play free knowing that there is already the expectation that they will not win.

one can hope at least

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I genuinely have no clue what to expect tonight. I did have a dream last night of another 2-1 Leafs win with a last minute GWG in the 3rd period.

I would much prefer we finally get to Swayman tonight and put 3 or more past him.

I think it is all going to come down to how Boston comes out. If the speculation from their market is true, there may be some hesitancy and/or demons that they are going to have to work through to close this out. Knowing that script all too well, if we can get on them early we might be able to back them into a pitty party. That said, I can't recall a time I have ever seen that level of defeat from the Bruins. So I wouldn't bank on it happening.

Nonetheless, we need the first goal IMO. We need to keep that flame of doubt alive.
I think the Leafs will score the first goal, and that will deflate Boston and without admitting it they will start thinking about the prospect of a game 7. Their chance to win this series was game 5. I think it will spiral away from them now.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Let's be real here, we all know there is going to be a game seven and it's obvious that the ref will be Wes McCauley, and the leafs will lose the game, and there will be at least one play during the game that we wish had been refereed differently, and the conspiracy theories will start up again, despite the fact that Leafs coach Sheldon Keefe testified in favor of McCauley's cousin Sheldon Keefe testified in favor of McCauley's brother in law David Frost, not against him.

I genuinely don’t remember the last Leafs game he reffed. Is it possible that the NHL is consciously making the choice to not assign him to Leafs games anymore? You would think he would have reffed at least one of the games this series, no?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Throw up a go fund me and maybe a few of us will chip in to get you something from Door Dash
Too late, I said I'll go. I don't get chinese often so can't pass it up.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah its over guys. We aint surviving 2 games in a row without Mathews. Aint happening
we are 2-0 without Matthews in the lineup this season and 35-19-2 all time without him in the lineup....

15-7-0 without him in last 4 seasons. No matter where you look at it, we have a very good record without him. Does it make sense? no. But its the statistical truth

we can easily win without him

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSS!!!!!

1635736851091.gif

Reactions: Cleetus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad