GDT: Game 6: Boston vs Toronto: Keep Calm and Just Keep Be-Leaf-Ing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Previously in Leafs Nation

The last words that Andy Frost said in the ACC Wednesday night after that heartbreaker of an OT loss, was: Times for Game Six has of yet not been determined. We hope to see you soon.

People laughed. People snickered. People jeered. Everyone pretty much washed their hands of the Leafs. "They can't do it." they said. "Win again in Boston, bah!" they said. "It was a pleasure just seeing them play," they said. Everyone thought this was going to be a sweep, and the Leafs just postponed the inevitable. No one thought they were going to win

No one sent that particular memo to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

They played 45 minutes of inspired hockey: and then they let Boston set up camp in their own end for the last 15, and still won.

Have ask yourselves: How do you feel, Leafs Nation?

Thanks James.

So with that being said:
182864_10151606001035199_515426960_n.jpg

courtesy of TMLtalk​

For a Team that has been told over and over again that they weren't going to do anything, wouldn't make the playoffs if this a regular season: will not go away.

Sens may be Pesky.
but the Leafs? The Leafs are Determined.

"Clarke called me and said "Mom I'm going to score one for you today." Deb MacArthur - Clarke's Mom

Though - Leafs Nation would be much happier if :

nazemkadri_4057-430x298.jpg

Would score for his Mom instead. A couple of them.

Is This Deja Vu?
Is the question Boston has to be asking themselves. Have had a tendency not to close out series when having the opportunity to do so. Three years ago a majority of this team was there when they went up 3-0 - and lost to the :flyers in seven.

Goalie at the time?
8174289.jpg
tuukka-rask.jpg

courtesy of Faceoff.com

but he's been playing amazing hockey so it's time for:

reims.jpg

to come back and shine once again.

Who Will Crack First?

Some key contributers of each team hasn't made a dent on the scoreboard yet. so it's going to be who is capable pushing through and coming on up as the team needs to.

:bruins's Tyler Seguin/Patrice Bergeron line vs. :leafs's Nazem Kadri/Mikael Grabovski/Nik Kuleman. These five (have some points for some) have been taking a backseat to the Kessels, Krecji's, Lupuls and Hortons. These are the X factors for Game Six, and watch them.

:bruins line up:
projected to be the same as it was for game five.

:leafs line Up:
projected to be the same as it was for game five

For a :leafs Victory
It's clear: play better hockey for longer than Boston. Only in Game 1 was the game truly in Boston's hands. Since Game 2 - even taking into account poor play for stretches at a time - this series been bouncing back and forth for both teams in the game itself.

It's going to have to be consistent hockey from the Leafs to pull away

A: Speed Kills. When the Leafs are skating - they are lethal. (as seen in Game 2, parts of Games 3 - 5). Boston really can't handle that, and the Leafs don't use it to their advantage long enough. (due to nerves/exhaustion/inexperience: uncertain).

B: Utilize Weapons:

I87w7Ef.jpg

courtesy of TMLtalk

Keep hitting. Keep hitting, dictate the play. Capitalize on that Powerplay. (when presented - I suspect as like Game 5 - very minimal calls). Block at will. Frazer used his head, there are no excuses. (get well soon Frazer).

C: and this is for leafs nation

keepcalm-1.jpg

and cheer. YOUR GUTS OUT.

Because, this question never gets old:

It will be one heck of a game, that's for sure.

And for all Moms out there - Leafs Nation would just like to say this:
3594_10151606062950199_1701967349_n.jpg

courtesy of TMLTalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Beauty GDT

ACC better be ear-drum bustingly-loud tonight

GO BUDS

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
This series is in the bag if Boston plays like an AHL team for 40-50 minutes again like they have been for the past 2-3 games.

I hope NYR wins so we get to face them in the second round.

And I'm being dead serious. Boston, being the superior team, got manhandled by the inexperienced and young Leafs team for the most part. The only team that deserves to go to the second round is the Leafs between the two.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
As a sens fan I'm hoping for the leafs. Most of you deserve that much. Go leafs go.

Thanks! It's due time that there's some change in the later rounds in the playoffs from the same old boys' group.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Just a note, the series breakdown image lists the series as 3-1 Bruins....

I know. I tried to look for a 3-2 one and if someone finds it, I'll update it right away. i checked FB and everything but nada nothing. but I think for the most part it's still the same just more hits/blocks us and maybe the shots are more equal but with an edge to Boston still.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
As a sens fan I'm hoping for the leafs. Most of you deserve that much. Go leafs go.

thanks buddy! Some positivty is nice around here. So many people were claiming clean sweep by Boston and just being negative in general.

Boston is not playing like Boston should. We need to take advantage here and finish them off.

I'm expecting Lupul, Gardiner, Kessel, and of course Reimer to have another huge game for us and force game 7 tonight!!

LETS DO THIS BOYS!!! SO ****ING PUMPED!

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I know. I tried to look for a 3-2 one and if someone finds it, I'll update it right away. i checked FB and everything but nada nothing. but I think for the most part it's still the same just more hits/blocks us and maybe the shots are more equal but with an edge to Boston still.

Let me know when you do. I'll edit the copied SC Forum version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad