GDT: Game 6: Boston vs Toronto: Keep Calm and Just Keep Be-Leaf-Ing!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Fluto Shinzawa ‏@GlobeFluto 45m
Andrew Ference not present for skate.
Retweeted by Chris Johnston

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 38m
Bruins blueline getting a bit beat up. Redden missed last game and sounds like Ference could miss this one. Leafs missing Fraser and Kostka.

Gotta capitalize on likely Bartkowski-Hamilton pairing,

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I think my two favourite Leaf motivational videos are necessary here (even though some of the players on them aren't with the Leafs anymore):

and

Let's go boys... I wanna see another round!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This is a great opportunity for Grabovski or Kadri's line.

It shouldn't be hard to exploit Bartkowski/Hamilton...both slow skaters and have a knack of making mistakes similar to Kostka/Fraser's.

We need to get Kessel some shifts against that pairing.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Losing all 3 games that you have on home ice in any playoff series is unacceptable! I guess you don't see very many absolutely dominant teams on home ice anymore, but still can't lose all 3 games in your barn. Just bad memories from 2002 ECF with Carolina.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
This is a great opportunity for Grabovski or Kadri's line.

It shouldn't be hard to exploit Bartkowski/Hamilton...both slow skaters and have a knack of making mistakes similar to Kostka/Fraser's.

We need to get Kessel some shifts against that pairing.

@NHLBruins: Pairings during rushes w/ Ference absent: Chara-Seidenberg, Bartkowski-McQuaid at one end; Johnson-Boychuk, Redden-Hamilton at the other^CS

Apparently they might even have some guy named Johnson over Hamilton (my what downfall for second coming of Orr).

EDDIE20*

Let's tie this ****er! An upset over Boston would give the team a lot of momentum and confidence.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I called the Leafs in 7 before the series started, so if we play our game tonight, we have a great chance of seeing game 7 tomorrow. I think we have the legs to do it, Bruins are an older team, and they may be wearing out. Will be an interesting match tonight. Not over yet by a longshot.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I called the Leafs in 7 before the series started, so if we play our game tonight, we have a great chance of seeing game 7 tomorrow. I think we have the legs to do it, Bruins are an older team, and they may be wearing out. Will be an interesting match tonight. Not over yet by a longshot.

Yeah. If we win tonight, that back to back would be in our favor.

We've got a lot of young legs with a lot of mileage left. I'd expect Gardiner to skate circles around the Bruins on Monday.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
201305111368244501254gpsr1.gif

My favorite part about this hit is that after Kulemin throws it he just skates away so casually, looking like he's humming some simple Russian folk-tune to himself. That and the linesman immediately protects him from McQuaid when it very obviously should have been a penalty on the delayed offside.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

We've got a lot of young legs with a lot of mileage left. I'd expect Gardiner to skate circles around the Bruins on Monday.

I agree.

i also think what we seriously need to do is take advantage of that Boston pinch. they do it all the time, (you can see it with Ferrence/Bozak goal). they come in, and pinch up on us all the time, and then get set up. Our footspeed slays them all the time.

and yeah
Hammer. Chara. Hammer him HARD, and I think Jagr needs to be mugged several times too.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Who is Johnson?

Who knows? Who cares?

If the Bruins pairing consists of Chara-Seidenberg, McQuaid-Boychuk, Johnson?-Bartkowski?

We better be near 50 shots in the game and win. It's a golden opportunity to win one at home and force Game 7.

Just play Chara-Seidenberg safely and go all out on the other 2 pairings.

Kibago

Aug 15, 2010
I'm just proud of this team already. And they can win this game. BURN THE BOATS!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Longer it goes certainly favours the younger team, I think the Bruins burned the kitchen sink in the 3rd on Friday, they spent a lot of petrol, it's up to us to keep the foot on the pedal. I can see Kessel, JVR, and Lupul pushing the pace with their speed. I'm going to predict Kadri will have a big game, he's due and I started seeing signs last game he is coming on.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Ference didn't make the trip.

It's either Redden or Hamilton which is a game time decision.

Gotta take advantage of these pairings. Second line and third line I am looking at you.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Longer it goes certainly favours the younger team, I think the Bruins burned the kitchen sink in the 3rd on Friday, they spent a lot of petrol, it's up to us to keep the foot on the pedal. I can see Kessel, JVR, and Lupul pushing the pace with their speed. I'm going to predict Kadri will have a big game, he's due and I started seeing signs last game he is coming on.

You could start to see it even in Game 4 - double minor aside. I personally feel he's trying to figure out what to do, and how to be effective, but it's there. he's ready to burst.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

Gotta take advantage of these pairings. Second line and third line I am looking at you.

isn't he injured too? (I don't really remember seeing a lot of him Game 5).
Yeah - it's right there in the palm of our hands. look at that defence, and just.. blow by them.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

I just read that Redden has a separated shoulder and he's out.

It looks like some guy named Aaron Johnson will be in the line up ahead of Bobby Orr. Imagine that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad