Post-Game Talk: GAME #57: Canucks 0 @ Penguins 4 Bo-less and Bae-less

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
JPat posted an interesting question:
- Do we rest our #1 against the Eastern team, and then play him against STL/CGY, or do we play him in all 3?

I hope Bo is good to go. This team without Bo and, to a lesser extent but still, Bae is no fun to watch.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
6-3 Pittsbourgh here with our goals from both Sedins and Stecher. Wont be close will be 6-1 in the third and we get useless goals at the end

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
So...odds on Horvat playing? We seem to enjoy putting injured players in the lineup this year, and I can imagine Willie/management doing anything to keep this team in the playoff picture.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I seriously hope Bo sits for at least a game. Knowing this team though he'll play through it.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
So...odds on Horvat playing? We seem to enjoy putting injured players in the lineup this year, and I can imagine Willie/management doing anything to keep this team in the playoff picture.

Eh but they might let a fourth liner like Bo sit. Chaput scored two goals last game, he can handle both roles.

Jokes aside, really hope he sits. Unlike everyone else on the team, kid didn't get to take the All-Star break off. Would MUCH rather he deal with all the other bumps and bruises now rather than risk tweaking something worse.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Call up Gaunce and stick him in between Hansen and Burrows. Let him show if he can do anything with better wingers.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Smelling a blowout here....Sid the kid breezes through the 1,000 point plateau seven seasons before Hank.....Willie will start Miller, but guessing he gets the hook in this one....7-3 shootout game sounds about right.....Granlund continues to shine and a strong game from Burrows again ups his trade value....still hoping that Boucher can get off the schneid with a pp goal.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Alright, maybe they aren't playing Horvat tomorrow.

Does this mean Willie will be forced to use Gaunce in a more offensive role with some decent wingers?....or does he move that lethal sniper Chaput further up the lineup?....sorry, had to ask...but we all know the answer.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Does this mean Willie will be forced to use Gaunce in a more offensive role with some decent wingers?....or does he move that lethal sniper Chaput further up the lineup?....sorry, had to ask...but we all know the answer.

Yeah we all know the answer.

Probably the line will be Boucher-Gaunce-Skille and they will play fewer than 5 minutes unless it really is a blowout.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
I was looking forward to this game..but with no Bo in the lineup,it's going to be hard to compete ..especially with a challenged forward group like the Canucks ..

I thought they could have gone .500 on this tough road trip,but any injuries to key players will definitely throw a blanket of doubt on that.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I was looking forward to this game..but with no Bo in the lineup,it's going to be hard to compete ..especially with a challenged forward group like the Canucks ..

I thought they could have gone .500 on this tough road trip,but any injuries to key players will definitely throw a blanket of doubt on that.

Yep...2-4 roadtrip likely...just can't see W's in either Pittsburgh or St. Louis...no Bo and Baertschi means they're missing two-thirds of what has been their best line, despite what Willie thinks.

But looking at it positively, Jimbo has no excuses for not being a 'seller' at the deadline.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Probably no Horvat.

Pens must shut down our dynamic leading scorers, Granlund and Sutter, then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad