GDT: Game #57 - Blues@Oilers - 6:30 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If Bouchard can figure out defense, he'll be a good one
He has improved a lot defensively. From a defensive liability to very rare brain parts.
He doesn't need Ekholm to shelter him anymore and has become the alpha on his pairing.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Nurse is the left defenseman in that image. Neither have been that good. Both are leaving their weak side net support and chasing opposition again into low danger areas. Gap control is soft. Too often Nurse also gets caught in passive defending. Together the pair hasn't been good enough nor consistent enough.
Sidedness doesn't mean much when the puck has been in the zone for a long time. D constantly switch sides around the net depending on the situation. I'd have to watch the entire sequence back, but I have been watching Ceci closely the past few weeks with all the talk about if we need to upgrade on him, and I watch him turn over low pressure puck retrievals and so often be out of position. I think you're right the pairing as a whole has looked awful, but I think its largely because of Ceci. Nurse should look a lot better with a more capable puck retriever and puck mover.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I'm a bit behind watching this game so I don't want to read this thread but Hyman just tied it up.

The Hymanator, Singh? Seriously?
giphy.gif

Reactions: BlackDogg

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Is Brown actually still alive... or is he just a ghost now and they just continually write his name on the roster sheet each game for sentimental reasons?

NashtoNowitzki

Jan 8, 2019
Are you guys getting the TNT feed in Canada? This reporter lady is objectively pretty but Jesus Christ she is frightening looking. Has the cheekbones of a Jeff Dunham puppet.

Reactions: brentashton

OddManRush

Mar 22, 2022
McLeod is such an interesting player. I feel like he’d be the prototypical NA that would be exceptional in Europe but not in the NHL. Skates extremely well, coachable, fairly low event defensively, but is missing that ingredient to beat NHL goalies. Seems like a guy who’d consistently lead his Swiss league team with 40-45 points per season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad