GDT: GAME 51: DAL @ MTL | Superbored Weekend! | Sat. Feb. 10, 2024, 1PM -- TSN2, RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Slaf score at least one goal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
There have always been rumblings about Comtois' work ethic. I don't think you want to add him, I'd be afraid to see Roy following in his footsteps since Roy also has issues.

Yeah, that's what I heard too. Effort is still inconsistent shift to shift, and maybe he isn't doing the off-ice work he should be doing.

Roy seems to have matured off the ice. His skating has improved so much you know he's working his ass off.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
They should be close to knocking at the door next year. If you’re in Year 3 of a rebuild and your players haven’t taken a big enough step to improve the team, then I don’t think you can really rely on them for Year 4 either.

This is assuming everyone is healthy which seems to be a challenge.

They'll be 5 wins away from a playoffs spot at the end of the season. If they can't close that gap next season, HuGo's plan won't look good.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah every team passed on Robertson so we can't lay blame on the Habs, every team got it wrong
I don’t like this thinking because you will never set standards for your team that way when it comes to drafting. Otherwise any pick can be chalked up to “oh well other teams made mistakes too” and that’s not acceptable. Of course I’m not asking to hit on every superstar in a draft, but it’s been a serious problem for the Habs since 2007 for an actual star talent outside the 1st.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Problem with Calgary trading Markstrom is they can't afford to tank next year. They should keep Markstrom for another year.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Yeah, that's what I heard too. Effort is still inconsistent shift to shift, and maybe he isn't doing the off-ice work he should be doing.

Roy seems to have matured off the ice. His skating has improved so much you know he's working his ass off.

I just don't like the idea of adding another Québécois like Comtois he would surely bond with.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Thrown in some Newfoundland Steak (fried bologna) and you got yourself a royal meal!
1707591720998.png

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
They'll be 5 wins away from a playoffs spot at the end of the season. If they can't close that gap next season, HuGo's plan won't look good.
Which is why I expect a trade for offensive help this summer using the Jets pick + young defenceman. Or maybe even an offersheet considering they have extra picks in rounds 1-3 in 2025.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site

I thought the work ethic issues with Roy were gone now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad