GDT: Game #50 - Jets host Sabres @7pm CT. THURSDAY MEMORAMA/GIFORAMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Just curious when was the last time you thought the Jets looked good going into a game? I'm pretty sure you are about a 80-90% forecasting the Jets to lose every single game.
I bet that they win mostly, but this last stretch they don't have that edge that we've seen earlier.

I've been watching the Sabres they look really at times but can go back to old Sabres still. Hope they take a holiday tonight and not the Jets.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I bet that they win mostly, but this last stretch they don't have that edge that we've seen earlier.

I've been watching the Sabres they look really at times but can go back to old Sabres still. Hope they take a holiday tonight and not the Jets.
You have to admit your tendency is towards pessimism.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
buffalo is a pretty strong offensive team. much like last time, helle needs to be on his A game. the Sabres are fighting for a WC spot so i am expecting them to come out strong. think tonight may be a higher scoring game especially with Comrie in net, and the Sabres will need to create offense & score to keep up.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Nothing wrong with discussing lineup decisions. I agree with you that putting in Stanley because of his size doesn't sound good. Neither does the reason for reducing Ehlers or Perfetti's ice in the 3rd because of "board battles", given the players he puts out there instead aren't very good at hockey.

I think language like "last shred of the benefit of the doubt" leads people to think things that maybe you don't intend.

Mods are posters too. We're free to offer our opinions within the forum guidelines as much as any poster.
This was a really thoughtful & balanced Post. Thank you.

I admit that it confuses me when some people focus on negative aspects when the Team is doing well. However, as long as they’re not being disrespectful to others I just recognize it’s a different opinion from mine. I might reply to try to understand, but most often I just leave it at a - Agree to disagree- point & move on.

Even when the Jets were struggling the last couple of Seasons, I still found a healthy % here to use humour & try to cheer each other up in our mutual commiseration. Honestly, during this time I used to enjoy reading the GDT’s more than the Game itself.

Nice to have my cake and eat it too this Season.

A few more memes while we await puck drop & please Make this GDT Live.

52739F5B-AAB9-4E41-B5A7-8B652ED3F9C4.jpeg

6B1779BD-37AE-42D3-8137-CA41ED384835.jpeg

C893DBD7-218A-4A90-A232-6FE65B03409F.png

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I’m curious as to why you are against Stanley coming in, considering he’s the best Jets defenceman by many metrics..

Because

1. Samberg has been very good in his role, almost as good as you can expect a #6 on a contender to be
2. Bowness broke up a winning lineup to get him in
3. This is the biggest one for me- Bowness did not have any type of an articulate explanation for the move other than just saying "size". It would have gone down differently had he said something that atleast maintained some plausible deniability about his motivations for this lineup change. Even more confusing is that he took a "very big guy" out of the lineup to get in a "very very big guy"

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
You have to admit your tendency is towards pessimism.
lol no its not, I just don't type out all the good things (common misconception)

For example, When Chef is making to many bad plays and giving away the puck, the Jets lose. He 90%+ doesn't do that in games. So that means 90+ % of the time I didn't post all my positivity.

• Haha
Reactions: Eyeseeing

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Likely oblivious to the crowd really. If Helly's comments the other day is any indication, Bones is loved by his players.

We do have a lot of pretty active threads at this time, so there is a lot of cross talk. It does dawn on me from time to time, does anyone work around here? I'm retired and I'm even putting off what needs to be done :laugh:
Hell, I don't work at my job, I just look busy. It's fooled the boss for fifteen years...:sarcasm:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
lol no its not, I just don't type out all the good things (common misconception)

For example, When Chef is making too many bad plays and giving away the puck, the Jets lose. He 90%+ doesn't do that in games. So that means 90+ % of the time I didn't post all my positivity.
I always just encourage optimism. You feel better and your more healthy both physically and mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad