GDT: Game #50 - Jets host Sabres @7pm CT. THURSDAY MEMORAMA/GIFORAMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
So no pony for you, even though that one looks balcony-sized.

I assume you didn't a special ring or else you'd have told the guys on here all about it.

What did you get to mark turning a quarter-century?

I really think that Bones doesn't care if he loses the crowd as long as he wins the games.
Likely oblivious to the crowd really. If Helly's comments the other day is any indication, Bones is loved by his players.

Comrie in net for the Sabres.
Hopefully it’s the caught in the headlights version we saw at times.

HF Sabres GDT has more posts than ours. I’m not used to American teams having that type of traffic.
We do have a lot of pretty active threads at this time, so there is a lot of cross talk. It does dawn on me from time to time, does anyone work around here? I'm retired and I'm even putting off what needs to be done :laugh:

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
So no pony for you, even though that one looks balcony-sized.

I assume you didn't a special ring or else you'd have told the guys on here all about it.

What did you get to mark turning a quarter-century?

I really think that Bones doesn't care if he loses the crowd as long as he wins the games.
Freak no, the last thing I want now is a "special ring", especially from this BF. What I'd much rather get is for him to pick up after himself and put his dishes IN the dishwasher instead of on it.

Quarter-century just sounds OLD, there's no upside to it. What I did get from the BF was the same old same old: chocolates and lingerie. But really good chocolates, the kind where each piece lingers in your mouth for a half an hour. Which is longer than the lingerie lasts.

I really can't fathom all this negativity about the coach. I had to go back and check the standings in case we somehow dropped out of the playoff race and ranked something like tenth in our conference.

What's with some of you people? And the drama over "last shred of benefit of doubt" and the coach "makes another loser move" just because you don't like his line-up choices? Give your heads a shake. The coach won't always play your current crush, get over it. Look at the team's overall record. You don't think fans in Colorado and Gnashville and St. Louis wouldn't want to be where we are in the standings?

Yeah, I'm feeling bitchy. Time for another chocolate...

Last edited:

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
lol. There goes any last shred of benefit of doubt I had left for the coach.

4th line and that 3rd pairing will need to be lit up for ~3 back to back games before a change is made.

Bones is falling back into his turtle escapades, and it sucks. The 4th line is bad, Samberg is better than Stanley, and the last Jets D to use their size effectively was f***ing Buff. Instead of using skill and skating to get out of the D zone in the final minutes, you're throwing the game along the wall, using players that are largely ineffectual in winning the board battles.

Your ledge reservations are confirmed, Mr. and Mrs. Coyote .........

TepidCreativeAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Not sure if this has been posted (not checking either), but Bugeyes gets the start

See my post above.

I love that he who shall not be named made an appearance in the Sabres GDT before being mentioned in ours…

We've already banked four points on a very difficult road trip. We do want as many points as possible but it's completely unrealistic to expect us to win out. Winnipeg is an excellent team this season (wow is Maurice a bad coach now) so winning on the road in a tough building against a top team is far from guaranteed no matter who is in net for the Sabres. Makes perfect sense to play Comrie here and then see what we get and hope for a point or two.”

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Freak no, the last thing I want now is a "special ring", especially from this BF. What I'd much rather get is for him to pick up after himself and put his dishes IN the dishwasher instead of on it.

Quarter-century just sounds OLD, there's no upside to it. What I did get from the BF was the same old same old: chocolates and lingerie. But really good chocolates, the kind where each piece lingers in your mouth for a half an hour. Which is longer than the lingerie lasts.

I really can't fathom all this negativity about the coach. I had to go back and check the standings in case we somehow dropped out of the playoff race and ranked something like tenth in our conference.

What's with some of you people? And the drama over "last shred of benefit of doubt" and the coach "makes another loser move" just because you don't like his line-up choices? Give your heads a shake. The coach won't always play your current crush, get over it. Look at the team's overall record. You don't think fans in Colorado and Gnashville and St. Louis wouldn't want to be where we are in the standings?

Should have been here from the start when half the posters where crucifying the owners, gm, coach and team before they ever stepped on the ice

Its the nature of online message boards people love to troll to anger people and not in a fun way but in a really mean spirited way because their lives are usually pretty miserable

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Ok this made me laugh out loud.:laugh:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Some people are just miserable and others think they know better than a guy who's been in pro hockey for over 30 years and currently has completely transformed a dysfunctional, poorly performing team into one that ranks among the best in a bunch of key metrics that championship teams have.

I just ignore it now. I'd rather enjoy this wonderful season are having.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

Strange to me that people are averse to questioning the lineup decisions of a coach on hockey message board. I praise the coaching staff when they do something good and question them when they do something bad. I've had plenty of praise for Bowness and company for how they have improved the PK. Fans should be able to have reasonable discussions about all aspects of hockey, including the coach's decisions.

Also worth noting is that "Look at the team's overall record" was the exact argument used on this board for years to defend Maurice, yet he is almost universally trashed here now (esp by many of the same people who tried to shut down criticisms of him based on W-L record :laugh:).

On a hockey message boards, discussions about the coach, his personnel choices and the players should be had based on the games and the data rather than about the motivations/personality/whatever of other posters which unfortunately this places devolves into way too often. It's even worse when mods engage in such talk.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
So...

How many late game leads has Bone's philosophy of having big guys on the ice at the end of the game cost us this year?

Some people have never been in a board battle with a big guy and it shows

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Yup and because he's from Winnipeg he is going to bring Kane with him and they are going to sign here next year for 1 million a year each.:naughty:
You overestimated their pay. I heard from a guy that knows that guy at the gas station in Dauphin that when Kane and Toews were filling up they said they would both be happy to play for the Jets for league minimum because they already made some much money from the Hawks.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Strange to me that people are averse to questioning the lineup decisions of a coach on hockey message board. I praise the coaching staff when they do something good and question them when they do something bad. I've had plenty of praise for Bowness and company for how they have improved the PK. Fans should be able to have reasonable discussions about all aspects of hockey, including the coach's decisions.

Also worth noting is that "Look at the team's overall record" was the exact argument used on this board for years to defend Maurice, yet he is almost universally trashed here now (esp by many of the same people who tried to shut down criticisms of him based on W-L record :laugh:).

On a hockey message boards, discussions about the coach, his personnel choices and the players should be had based on the games and the data rather than about the motivations/personality/whatever of other posters which unfortunately this places devolves into way too often. It's even worse when mods engage in such talk.
I’m curious as to why you are against Stanley coming in, considering he’s the best Jets defenceman by many metrics..

• Haha
Reactions: hockeyarena

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Well....

The Jets game seems to be changing a bit, Sabres are on a streak and are going to make the playoffs. Things don't look good in this one.

Mainly because the refs, after they see the ProLine odds for a Sabres visitor win is paying 2.90.
ref bet.JPG

Reactions: macmaroon

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Nothing wrong with discussing lineup decisions. I agree with you that putting in Stanley because of his size doesn't sound good. Neither does the reason for reducing Ehlers or Perfetti's ice in the 3rd because of "board battles", given the players he puts out there instead aren't very good at hockey.

I think language like "last shred of the benefit of the doubt" leads people to think things that maybe you don't intend.

Mods are posters too. We're free to offer our opinions within the forum guidelines as much as any poster.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So...

How many late game leads has Bone's philosophy of having big guys on the ice at the end of the game cost us this year?

Some people have never been in a board battle with a big guy and it shows
I was a goalie so you are absolutely right with me, i have no idea.:laugh:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Well....

The Jets game seems to be changing a bit, Sabres are on a streak and are going to make the playoffs. Things don't look good in this one.

Mainly because the refs, after they see the ProLine odds for a Sabres visitor win is paying 2.90.
View attachment 642064
Just curious when was the last time you thought the Jets looked good going into a game? I'm pretty sure you are about a 80-90% forecasting the Jets to lose every single game.

Reactions: Stumbledore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad