At Mesa/Gateway…

Preparing for takeoff…

tenor.gif

1674757008204.gif

tumblr_noq8lnItNB1rd6bpeo1_500.gif

200.gif

InsecureElatedIrishwolfhound-size_restricted.gif

-zbHw3.gif

Lady Agar and I have a long layover at YYC…

Will have supper and watch the Jets at Chili’s…

Go Jets Go !!!

hardystar

Jan 18, 2023
I am interested in how they do once February starts.

Between December and January they played 31 games in 62 calendar days. That is a lot of hockey!

Additionally, from what I understand they have had quite a bit of flu related sickness in the locker room for the past few weeks.

Finally, I wonder if the upcoming break is on their minds.

All to say, this may be the cause to their recent dip in their performance.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

oof I had actually been giving Rick the benefit of doubt on this but now that he explained his reasoning- that's an L take by the coach. Esp since he's had Saku and the 4th line out there in these situations where they have failed to get the puck out or been stuck out there on a long shift which almost cost them the game (see the Arizona and Philly games).

Reactions: Bigfish

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
lol. There goes any last shred of benefit of doubt I had left for the coach.

4th line and that 3rd pairing will need to be lit up for ~3 back to back games before a change is made.

• Wow
Reactions: macmaroon

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

oof I had actually been giving Rick the benefit of doubt on this but now that he explained his reasoning- that's an L take by the coach. Esp since he's had Saku and the 4th line out there in these situations where they have failed to get the puck out or been stuck out there on a long shift which almost cost them the game (see the Arizona and Philly games).

i really disagree with his summary on ehlers. i don't think ehlers is really poor at wall battles. and really getting the puck, and getting out of the zone is pretty important in trying to limit time spent defending which is one of ehlers' strengths.

Reactions: hn777

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Bones is falling back into his turtle escapades, and it sucks. The 4th line is bad, Samberg is better than Stanley, and the last Jets D to use their size effectively was f***ing Buff. Instead of using skill and skating to get out of the D zone in the final minutes, you're throwing the game along the wall, using players that are largely ineffectual in winning the board battles.

Reactions: JetsFan815

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Bones will need the Dude in his corner as the crowd is starting to turn on him, despite having the Jets far beyond where most of them predicted going into the season.
I don’t like the coaches answers and thoughts on the matter but I like his over all results. He also seems open to changing his opinion.

If his plan/reasoning fails then I expect him to try something else. If the Jets add players to our roster some of the 4th liners will be eating popcorn during games anyways.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
The only other thing I am gonna say on this is that I have a very similar feeling now as I did last season when Maurice broke up Connor-Dubois-Svechnikov line in favor of Wheeler/Scheifele. Both cases were eerily similar, the Jets had a great record (were 1st in the Central at that point last year) but the coach decided to break up something that was working really well in favor of something that he was more comfortable with with respect to his priors. And whatever was working disappeared into thin air never to be found again for the rest of the season last year. Let's hope the same doesn't happen again.

Edit: BTW I legitimately don't care if he doesn't play Perfetti in the last mins of a game with a small lead, I don't think he moves the needle much in that situation, it is the way the question was answered and moves wrt Stanley that's a problem. Atleast Maurice would try to come up with some bs that wouldn't look so openly out of line (Cole is a young guy, we wanna keep him fresh for the situations he can have the most impact in).

Last edited:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The only other thing I am gonna say on this is that I have a very similar feeling now as I did last season when Maurice broke up Connor-Dubois-Svechnikov line in favor of Wheeler/Scheifele. Both cases were eerily similar, the Jets had a great record (were 1st in the Central at that point last year) but the coach decided to break up something that was working really well in favor of something that he was more comfortable with with respect to his priors. And whatever was working disappeared into thin air never to be found again for the rest of the season last year. Let's hope the same doesn't happen again.
The Jets early season success last year felt like smoke and mirrors mainly. I can’t completely compare anything from this year to last.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
you think breaking up a 3rd pair, for a dman that rates similarly in some stats, is the same as breaking up a top-line that was rolling?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don’t like the coaches answers and thoughts on the matter but I like his over all results. He also seems open to changing his opinion.

If his plan/reasoning fails then I expect him to try something else. If the Jets add players to our roster some of the 4th liners will be eating popcorn during games anyways.
IMO what Bones does best is he works hard on making every player feel like he is an important part of the team and have them feeling good about their role. I think in the process he gives a message there are things you can do better.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Rotating Samberg and Stanley makes sense at this point, but I think you need to give Stanley 2 or 3 games in a row coming off a long injury to get some game action. After tonight I can see Stanley getting Saturday's game against Philly as they are likely to goon it up a bit and the Samberg getting Monday's game against St. Louis to help push down a division rival before the all star break.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
That pony is ADORABLE!

I wish I'd gotten one for my birthday.
So no pony for you, even though that one looks balcony-sized.

I assume you didn't a special ring or else you'd have told the guys on here all about it.

What did you get to mark turning a quarter-century?

Bones will need the Dude in his corner as the crowd is starting to turn on him, despite having the Jets far beyond where most of them predicted going into the season.
I really think that Bones doesn't care if he loses the crowd as long as he wins the games.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad