GDT: Game #50 - Jets host Sabres @7pm CT. THURSDAY MEMORAMA/GIFORAMA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Sabres are good - incredible display of young talent - very humbling.
I don't think you can really point out one area where we are slipping - it's everywhere when you get dominated for extended periods.
They are making the offense look easy - and they make your defense look real slow.
Hopefully this is just a bad night for the Jets and a really good night for buffalo -

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
If I was Owen Power's dad, I'd be pushing to name him Max.

Obviously I shouldn't be responsible for naming people.
giphy.gif

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Here is a funny stat:

Stanley Expected Goals Against in 2 periods of icetime this game: 1.25

Samberg Expected Goals in his last 6 games combined: 1.38

Now, I am not blaming Stan entirely for that. He has been caught out with 55 on a few shifts who has been awful. But just funny to see a coach break up a winning lineup and a successful pairing and get such instant karmic heavy with irony slap in the face.
Is there a pairing that looks good out there tonight?
But I'll give you credit - you're on a mission

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Is there a pairing that looks good out there tonight?
But I'll give you credit - you're on a mission

I expect when a coach calls his shot and breaks up a winning team to get his guy into the spot he wants, he'd get some backlash when that doesn't get the expected results. Just like Maurice got ripped here for breaking up the PLD-Connor-Svech line and everything coming crumbling after that. Other players being bad doesn't change anything. Heinola got ripped for a bad game in Montreal when the entire team was bad as well (and it wasn't uncalled for)

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
My memory of that period will be five Jets in their own zone, each with one hand on the stick the other hand extended, backing up and avoiding contact at all costs. Lasted for about 15 minutes. Hellebuyck probably played his best period of the year.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Well a rough patch of road….
I’m not as down as some but 4:30 comes early no sense in falling asleep in the recliner.

GJG

Reactions: imec

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Hard to look good on a night where the whole team is badly outplayed. But do not think Dubois has done squat this game. He was around ~100 pt pace a few weeks back, starting to fall back a bit.

Reactions: JetsFan815

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I expect when a coach calls his shot and breaks up a winning team to get his guy into the spot he wants, he'd get some backlash when that doesn't get the expected results. Just like Maurice got ripped here for breaking up the PLD-Connor-Svech line and everything coming crumbling after that. Other players being bad doesn't change anything. Heinola got ripped for a bad game in Montreal when the entire team was bad as well (and it wasn't uncalled for)
"don't break up a winning lineup" were winning off the backs of our top players not our 3rd pairing defensemen or 4th line winger, when our stars play bad our whole team plays bad when our stars play good our others are more tolerable

Reactions: DannyGallivan

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Strangely in our season ticket draft this was the final game chosen, even the 3 pre-season games were selected before this game.

20 minutes of hockey left. Lots of time to come back.

We have looked terrible up to this point but certainly have the fire power to bang a few pucks in the back of the net .

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Such a f***ing reach.

Reactions: DannyGallivan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad