GDT: Game 50: Coyotes @ Sharks - 7:30 PM - BSAZ+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017

Paging Craig Morgan.

I'm almost most shocked that Tocchet admitted something was his fault and didn't say it's a brilliant strategy to spark the team awake by letting the other team score first, haha.

For a "head coach" that's been in that position for 4-5 years in this league (as well as Assistant coach or whatever), you'd think that he'd have some idea as to how to have a team prepared to play night after night since that's his job.

He just needs to go. The country club atmosphere really flourished while he was in charge and he allowed that to become a thing (if he isn't actively contributing to it). I'd also allow any player who thinks that just putting in a "good effort" is enough to take a hike. Standards (even my own) have been too low.

We get way too proud of the team trying hard and putting in a good effort. Shit, that SHOULD be expected every single game. Hell, I'll even say almost every game to give them a couple of nights off because not every team can be 100% all the time... but still.

Reactions: Surfshop

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
That has to be some type of second language issue, as in OEL doesn't get the full meaning of a pro athlete saying "I don't really know what I'm doing out there." I can't think of another athlete in any sport making that statement.
His English was always bad. Just remember that interview with Biz at the allstars where he has said that he can't walk and talk simultaneously. Cold Swede with not great English is not the greatest candidate for the captaincy, but he still deserves more respect than he has on this board.
And Ollie did not name himself the captain. Tocchet did.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
His English was always bad. Just remember that interview with Biz at the allstars where he has said that he can't walk and talk simultaneously. Cold Swede with not great English is not the greatest candidate for the captaincy, but he still deserves more respect than he has on this board.
OEL is the new whipping boy. Chick and now Bunting are the "can't do anything wrong golden boys". Last year Garland was the golden boy, and now some want to trade him. It's a team sport, they all have to look in the mirror.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
IIRC, OEL basically assumed the captaincy was his when Doan was let go; Tocchet spent a year hemming and hawing before giving him the C.
That was a mistake by RT, he should have named a captain right away be it OEL or somebody else. The entire captain thing is over rated anyway. Being a good leader has to do with many things, and only one of them is on ice stats. Experienced veteran players are looked up to more so than young guys, I think about it when I hear Chych or Garland should be the captain. Doan was never our best or most valuable player but he was clearly the best leader for many reasons. I am not sure OEL should or should not be captain next year, depends on our roster and who truly is a leader in the room.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Tocchet spent a year hemming and hawing before giving him the C.

In fairness it probably just took him a whole year to spit it out.

Hey uhhh Oliver, you know we'd like to umm yah know make you the you know uhhh leader of ummm the group and you know we uhhh don't stop believing and uhhhh i don't know we just uhhh think you know you as the captain is uhhh a good uhhh idea and you know...

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
That has to be some type of second language issue, as in OEL doesn't get the full meaning of a pro athlete saying "I don't really know what I'm doing out there." I can't think of another athlete in any sport making that statement.

I think he is trying to say he don't know why things aint working.

Anyhow, I watched this game unspoiled. And of course, I was pretty much "Oh, so this is going well" just a few minutes in. Actually I thought OEL, I mean LOL, had some good moves early on. But they disappeared, and was replaced by hopelessness. I actually was hoping Marleau should get a PS at that one penalty when it was 10 minutes left. He doesn't score often on those, does he? And if he did, it would have been 10 minutes left to score a couple, instead of, I was thinking, 8 minutes to do the same. But of course Demers.

Anyhow, with the Wild not being able to/heated up enough to beat the Blues, this becomes a moot point anyways.

I say the same thing as before: just make sure to get an awful coach. Someone so bad the NMCs wants out. Kessel plays better than last year, and only have one year left after this, so it's not that much about him anymore (not that I don't hope he finds somewhere else to be, but I hope you see what I mean.). Tortorella might become available, OEL would love him, right? :naughty:

Reactions: MIGs Dog

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
another great decision by Tocchet.
LOL respect? Nice guy. Overpaid. Apparent significant skill regression. Not a good leader. That’s as much respect I can give based on this years play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad