GDT: Game 50: Coyotes @ Sharks - 7:30 PM - BSAZ+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016
Man, I've been lingering around this site over the years. Randomly decided to create an account several years ago and I've posted maybe once or twice since. But I feel like I need a safe space to vent. This team is trash and I enjoy my life better when I don't watch this team play. This team has been void of talent for years, but what we have now is absolutely a joke. We may have "more talented players" than previous years, but this team still looks so far away from being competitive and the coaching staff can't get these guys ready to play when it matters the most. I'm honestly relieved this team is losing and won't make the playoffs because getting smashed in the first round against a team like Vegas, Colorado, or Minnesota like Colorado last year would probably do more harm than good at this point. I want blood this offseason. Coaches gone, players gone, it doesn't matter to me outside of Chychrun and Garland because they are the only ones I've been able to enjoy this year. There have been moments with others on this roster but I'm just broken at this point. This team has broken me as a fan.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

Paging Craig Morgan.

Our head coach and our captain both saying they have absolutely no idea why they’re so awful and have no clue how to fix it apart from “needing to be better”. I mean COME ON! How much more clear does it need to be. They’re literally begging to get axed.

Fire Tocchet and Housley tonight. BA and Hjalmarsson can take over those roles. Strip LOL’s C and health bomb him the rest of the season. Tonight can be his last game as a Coyote. Call Jim Benning and convince him that LOL for Loui Eriksson is going to work out great for VAN and just the blockbuster JB needs to save his neck.

Reactions: 0point1

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I love Michael Bunting, he is a good player and I am glad he is finally getting his opportunity, but seeing him lead the team (forwards) in ice-time in a supposedly must-win game is hilarious.
I like Bunting and hope we keep him. I like Kessel but hope we trade him. I like Adin Hill, Tyler Pitlick and Johan Larsson but I’m indifferent to their futures as Coyotes. I like Chychrun and Garland and hope we keep them.

I don’t really like anyone else on the team, honestly.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Tocchet isn't getting fired tomorrow.

Season is done in 10 days. Then it'll come.
Tocchet isn’t getting fired by the Coyotes, period. I just hope he isn’t extended. Hell, they might make him HC for five years and give him a President of Hockey Ops title. Wouldn’t surprise me. I’ve been around too long not to accept that as distinct possibility.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I wonder if LOL would consider Calgary. The rumor was much of his interest in Vancouver was related to his good buddy Markstrom. When Markstrom signed in Calgary he mentioned his good buddy Elias Lindholm played a role. There are several other Swedes on the team. And then there’s Maloney and Treliving.

I’d do LOL for Milan Lucic. Would be much obliged if they’d chuck in Emil Heineman. I’d add Fischer for the trouble, if they like that idea.

Reactions: Grimes

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
I wonder if LOL would consider Calgary. The rumor was much of his interest in Vancouver was related to his good buddy Markstrom. When Markstrom signed in Calgary he mentioned his good buddy Elias Lindholm played a role. There are several other Swedes on the team. And then there’s Maloney and Treliving.

I’d do LOL for Milan Lucic. Would be much obliged if they’d chuck in Emil Heineman. I’d add Fischer for the trouble, if they like that idea.

Expand it.

Keller + OEL + Hayton for Tkachuck + Lucic and Heineman
Looks like highway robbery for the Flames on paper.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

When you had him on your fantasy team......

x0Et3nS.gif

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

That has to be some type of second language issue, as in OEL doesn't get the full meaning of a pro athlete saying "I don't really know what I'm doing out there." I can't think of another athlete in any sport making that statement.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Tocchet isn’t getting fired by the Coyotes, period. I just hope he isn’t extended. Hell, they might make him HC for five years and give him a President of Hockey Ops title. Wouldn’t surprise me. I’ve been around too long not to accept that as distinct possibility.
You haven't being around long enough. :) RT is gone. We will have a new HC next year.

Reactions: ParisSaintGermain

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That has to be some type of second language issue, as in OEL doesn't get the full meaning of a pro athlete saying "I don't really know what I'm doing out there." I can't think of another athlete in any sport making that statement.
Everyone's whipping boy, OEL, did not have a good game, but the team in general was not good, including golden child Chick. Why wasn't this team ready? This has been happening for the last two years. I don't want RT back, but come on, the players play the game and if they can't get themselves up for these type of games the problem runs deeper than RT. RT should have been fired last year so a new coach and GM could have evaluated the players for the whole year. I thought we could retool, now it's looking like a complete rebuild. Great way to start a rebuild with no 1st. round picks for two years.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Guaranteed Craig will come out with a column praising OEL and Tocchet for being "brutally honest" in their post-game assessments.

All I can say is that this is now two seasons in a row where this team rolled over and played dead after the trade deadline in the most abject, ridiculously embarrassing fashion. The absolute best thing you can say about this team and the current roster is that it's streaky.

I've concluded that while there are players on this team I like - Pitlick, Bunting, Garland, Chychrun - they could replace the entirety of the Arizona Coyotes roster with completely new players and I wouldn't care. I've also realized that the only thing keeping me buying season tickets for the Coyotes for so many years was Shane Doan.

I'm an old man so I spend many days battling existential angst. Part of that angst is deciding whether it's worthwhile for me to continue to invest passion, attention, and time in a professional sports franchise that has been hell-bent on breaking my heart every year for 20 years. I don't have an unlimited supply of days left on this rock, so these considerations are serious to me.

Sign a new captain. Fire Tocchet. Get out from under Keller's ball-puncher of a contract. Blow up the coaching staff. Perform major roster surgery. Then, maybe I'll consider hanging on to this rapidly-sinking broken submarine. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to surface for air.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad