GDT: Game 5: Wild @ Stars *Looking For The 3-Count* - 7:00pm on BSN, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I also hope the NHL held a conference call with every on-ice official and told them to pull their heads out of their asses.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
How about moving Boldy to center where he played well that one game?

Nyquist-Hartman-Kirill
JoJo-Boldy-Zucc
Duhaime-Freddy-Sundqvist
Foligno-Dewar-Steel
You guys make too much sense. That´s not the way he rolls

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
I honestly don't know what Sundqvist brings that Reaves doesn't? Sundqvist skates like he has cement blocks attached to his feet like Reaves. Maybe better hands?

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I honestly don't know what Sundqvist brings that Reaves doesn't? Sundqvist skates like he has cement blocks attached to his feet like Reaves. Maybe better hands?
He can actually play the PK, which is one area where Dean has made some terrible personnel decisions. Johansson does not need to be PKing.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
I truly believe we are going to see a complete game from the Wild tonight. Boldy and Kaprizov know they need to get going; which Kaprizov traditionally responds well with, Gus is settling in with multiple starts in a row, and we clearly have a successful game plan for Dallas 5v5.

There are far more signs for hope than I’ve been accustomed to with previous Wild teams. Even if we lose tonight I like our odds. I called Wild in 7, but win tonight and I’d feel good about Wild in 6.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Reaves 828 games 59 goals 70 assists 129 points
Sunny 355 games 50 goals 73 assists 123 points
Yes he probably has better hands

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
How about moving Boldy to center where he played well that one game?

Nyquist-Hartman-Kirill
JoJo-Boldy-Zucc
Duhaime-Freddy-Sundqvist
Foligno-Dewar-Steel
For all the talk of "learned lessons" from last season, it really does irk me of any inability to try new things from Evason.

I probably like him more than most but he is stubborn like crazy. Sticking to your game works fine at times but when you possibly two games left, get Steel off that 2nd line!!! Rather experiment with Boldy at center and try him with Zucc.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
For all the talk of "learned lessons" from last season, it really does irk me of any inability to try new things from Evason.

I probably like him more than most but he is stubborn like crazy. Sticking to your game works fine at times but when you possibly two games left, get Steel off that 2nd line!!! Rather experiment with Boldy at center and try him with Zucc.
Experiments are for practice, not in a crucial playoff game.

But Evason has been forced to change the lines anyway, Ek is out, and Hartman was out game 2. That said, too bad Fiala isn't here, he and Boldy had something special going.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Experiments are for practice, not in a crucial playoff game.

But Evason has been forced to change the lines anyway, Ek is out, and Hartman was out game 2. That said, too bad Fiala isn't here, he and Boldy had something special going.
And I always work under the assumption that there I things the public isn't privy to in practices or in the lockerroom - probably why I'm generally an apologist. Also why I was fine with Fiala leaving.

At the same time, I also accept the fact we are the less talented team skill wise and if some combos don't work, we should be willing to try new things. And if you are looking to get a jump out of the two star players (Kaprizov/Boldy), maybe changing their linemates would do nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad