GDT: Game 5: Red Wings at preds 2:00 pm et 10/19/24

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
I seriously hope you guys are being facetious.

He literally has yet to shoot a puck past a goalie. 2 pucks off his skate and an empty netter. Reminds me of Namestnikov's last season as a Wing.

He has yet to throw a hit as well. Talk about failing the eye test in every possible way.
I didn't think Copp was going to be this bad with the Wings. Overpaid probably, but not bad like this. I figured he was always at least going to be good defensively but the Wings aren't even getting that. I guess he was just a product of some top end line drivers in Winnipeg playing with either Lowry or Ehlers.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
The Goff chant at an away game is crazy

Dude half the crowd were wings fans. It was awesome.

Put Johansson in for Gustafsson and keep Kasper up and the team looks much better. This was a good win.

100% this. Gus was so f***ing bad to watch in person. He makes me miss Yan Golubovsky.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I can’t wait for Ras to be replaced with Mazur on that third line. It’s going to be deadly

Ras was about as useless as a pecker on the pope. Staple him to Copp again. Veleno would be fine with Kasper and burgers.

If I'm Yzerman or Lalonde, I put Motte in the press box.

But you know Kasper could score 5 goals in a game and still get sent down for Motte.

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
But you know Kasper could score 5 goals in a game and still get sent down for Motte.
I said Kasper wouldn't make the opening roster, but now that Stevie has seen how bad his team sucks, I think there is a much higher chance that Kasper stays with the team. The only way this team makes the playoffs is if Stevie ices the best possible team, and there's no doubt that Kasper > Motte.

Besides, Husso got sent to GR, so there's now roster space.

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
I said Kasper wouldn't make the opening roster, but now that Stevie has seen how bad his team sucks, I think there is a much higher chance that Kasper stays with the team. The only way this team makes the playoffs is if Stevie ices the best possible team, and there's no doubt that Kasper > Motte.

Besides, Husso got sent to GR, so there's now roster space.
Playoffssssss???? Was there a schedule change? We playing the preds another 75 times?

Kasper needs to stay for good ... we cant allow a bunch of rookies on our lineup at the same time in the upcoming season

Mazur will be on the team next year. I was going to say danielson but hes pointless so far in the ahl but I'm sure were dying to make him the next future 3rd line 2 way guy anyways

Motte copp compher veleno Rasmussen fischer Gustafson maata petry holl are all guys I'd be looking to move this Season. If were gonna move berggren I'd rather stall it as I think theres more there with him and we'd better off building up his value

I'd also like to see soderblom back up to play like 5 games this season see where hes at. I know he's likely a bust but we can use that frame on the team

Always thought hed be better in the nhl with better talent than the ahl... rant over lol

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Yeah, shame we can't play Nashville like 6 times in a season. They seem to bring out the best in our goalies.

I don't know if I posted it on here or if it was hockey talk with co-workers; but I said Stamkos and Tampa would regret his departure. Tampa is good for the moment, Stammer...ehhhhh.
All predators are scared of Lyons 🤣🤣

Honestly, we got every break imaginable. This was the luckiest win in years.

• Haha
Reactions: saska sault

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Let's not pretend like Maatta and Gus weren't horrible every time they stepped out onto the ice.

Lyon had a monstrous game and Kasper played really well. Copp actually showed some signs of life but we still did not play very well as a whole.

Also Ed made up for some rough play with a beauty to seal it. Overall I am never upset with a win but I think we as fans are right to be upset about the way Lalonde has coached and some of Steve's roster decisions.

Maatta is fine, Gus however continues to be bad. If Maatta got a real partner there would be no issues with him. He always gets the crappy guys.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Don't love seeing those shot totals against, that needs to be worked on but that was a fun game to watch. When Lyon is on, he's fun to watch. I think with him and Talbot probably each starting 35-40 we could have a reliable crease for the first time in a while, if they can just fine tune the defense.

Think we keep Ed and Mo together as long as we can. I get having them on seperate pairings but together we have the potential for a top 1a-1b duo that are both super young. At least they won't be getting dragged down by their partners.

I feel like the shot totals were misleading tonight. Nashville's chances weren't crazy good or anything.

Reactions: Winger98

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
The next yzerfail signing ppl will be complaining about soon enough lol

In 26-27 we'll have the filet mignon of nhl 4th lines

Rasmussen compher copp

That's like 14 million right there

You're a wonderful addition to HF Red Wings. Even when we win you know how to suck the life out of the room at a generational level. I think the negativity meter is broken as it isn't even registering.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
The next yzerfail signing ppl will be complaining about soon enough lol

In 26-27 we'll have the filet mignon of nhl 4th lines

Rasmussen compher copp

That's like 14 million right the

Compher and Rasmussen will be fine on the 3rd line, could be a decent shut-down line.

If Copp gets any worse by 26-27 he's likely bought out. Not ideal, but also not the end of the world to buy out his last year.

Personally I don't have an issue with most of the signings on the forward side since Yzerman took over. They've provided solid depth and mentorship. On defense it's been brutal though, whoever is the pro-scout for defense should be let go ASAP.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
ras is a guy u dont get rid of anytime soon IMO. hot n cold with offensive production i know but he leaves it all on the ice everygame he plays. also:

-swiss army knife factor

-strong 2-way

-strong worth ethic helps conbribute to the team first culture

-BC of all of that coaches love him

-he on a solid contract for what he bring

Agreed, I don't see what's so bad about him. He's gotten stronger and battles along the boards, good 2-way and can chip in sometimes on offense(sometimes).

33 points last season with little to no PP or ice-time with our scoring forwards. He'll never drive offense like Necas, which sucks, but atleast he brings something IMO.

Reactions: Filppula

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
You're a wonderful addition to HF Red Wings. Even when we win you know how to suck the life out of the room at a generational level. I think the negativity meter is broken as it isn't even registering.
Lmao Just trying to be realistic If a players garbage hes garbage. Keep up kasper and play the kids. Only way this team will ever turn around one day

a filet mignon 4th line instead of a grind line wont help us

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
Compher and Rasmussen will be fine on the 3rd line, could be a decent shut-down line.

If Copp gets any worse by 26-27 he's likely bought out. Not ideal, but also not the end of the world to buy out his last year.

Personally I don't have an issue with most of the signings on the forward side since Yzerman took over. They've provided solid depth and mentorship. On defense it's been brutal though, whoever is the pro-scout for defense should be let go ASAP.
Rasmussen will be a 4th line guy by then and so will copp if hes still here. Compher wouldn't shock me . Giving out more $ and handful 4-5 year terms to bottom 6 guys isn't ideal

By then we'll likely have danielson nygard joining the top 9 with kasper Larkin raymond debrincat mazur which leaves us 2 spots for trade/ufa and the likes of buchelnikov,lombardi,finnie,berggren If he wakes up and whoever else I'm missing

2/3rds of the filet mignon line wont take up those 2 spots. Rasmussen is 100% destined to be a 4th liner here longterm

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Maatta is fine, Gus however continues to be bad. If Maatta got a real partner there would be no issues with him. He always gets the crappy guys.
Never liked the signing; I know we are only a few games into the season, but he should be the one sitting when all other D are healthy.

Take him off of PP1 and put literally anyone else.

Would like to see Aljo or Ed though on PP2 though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad