Friedman: Bennett and Panthers open contract talks

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Sure, have a ball. Bring em all up. No one knows what Zito will offer, so I’m not sure what you’re on about.

Guy adds a ton to the team, you’re either missing it, or plain don’t know.
Why do you keep replying to me when you'd don't want to talk about what I wrote?

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Ok, thought he was cooked after the playoffs. Some Panthers fans say he sucks and some say he did ok. I think he's sound but nothing that special.

He's had a ton of injuries and isn't what he once was, but he's still able to be effective due to his smarts. Plus he plays well within our system, and complements some of Forsling 's deficiencies, although they aren't many. Specifically breaking up the opposition forecheck, because Forsling isn't the biggest guy.

Reactions: elmaco

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The 8 years as opposed to 7 makes a big difference in total dollars bs AAV. Will Zito go right years on Bennett?

I think he will, because he knows it'll be necessary. In year 4 or 5, Benny will likely be LTIR,'d anyway, so I don't see this as a huge concern, especially as I said with a rising cap. We are paying for the next 2-3 years, while most of our core is still in their late 20's/early 30's.

Reactions: Fatass

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Why do you keep replying to me when you'd don't want to talk about what I wrote?
I mean, you talked about points, injuries, and it being wild someone was going to pay him…where’s the disconnect for ya? He provides more than what your “points” are, as I said, you want to keep being obnoxious and acting like I didn’t directly address your “points” with my first response?

You then brought up other guys with similar stats and what they make, as though anyone knows what’s being discussed.

Again, where’s the issue?

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
I’d prioritize him over Ekblad

Even if Ekblad said just give me the same AAV as I currently have, he is still overpaid.

Think he is gonna take a paycut?

You cant pay him more than Forsling

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
I mean, you talked about points, injuries, and it being wild someone was going to pay him…where’s the disconnect for ya? He provides more than what your “points” are, as I said, you want to keep being obnoxious and acting like I didn’t directly address your “points” with my first response?

You then brought up other guys with similar stats and what they make, as though anyone knows what’s being discussed.

Again, where’s the issue?
1729455807469.gif

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Far more likely the two sides decide to move on. Bennett is worth 50 million. Zero chance Zito offers anywhere close to that for a 3C.

He can play top 6 winger minutes or anchor the 3rd line with lots of special team minutes.

6.25 x 8 for Bennett would 100% be worth it.

6.25 x 8 v 8x7 - 50 v 56 million elsewhere. I can totally see a NMC all years with a partial NTC last year. 6.25 would be that sweet hesrt stomachable deal anywhere.

Reinhart just gave up likely several million to stay in Florida

Agreed. He could have went on the open market and got 11x7 100% then still signed a contract after for a 8th year.

Reactions: Laus723

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He can play top 6 winger minutes or anchor the 3rd line with lots of special team minutes.

6.25 x 8 for Bennett would 100% be worth it.

6.25 x 8 v 8x7 - 50 v 56 million elsewhere. I can totally see a NMC all years with a partial NTC last year. 6.25 would be that sweet hesrt stomachable deal anywhere.

Agreed. He could have went on the open market and got 11x7 100% then still signed a contract after for a 8th year.
8 year contract for Bennett? Yes, that will bring down his AAV but with Barkov and Lundell it’s unlikely Zito will allot that kind of money and term to Bennet.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Flames forced him to play wing. Panthers move him to center his natural position. Nuff said
So in your opinion it’s not worth of trying, because it didn’t work in the other team? Luostarinen is a natural C too. It’s all about maximizing potential from the roster, and for me it’s worth of trying.

It might be unlikely to work, but you want to try every possible combination, because these guys are probably playing 6 years together. You gotta evolve as a team to mantain position in the top. Now the current system is working, but we never know if the system is optimal for squeezing every drop of potential from the players without even trying. Players change and grow after all. There will be stretches when the lineup needs little bit of shaking. In these times team should absolutely try different combinations.

In your opinion teams should set their player positions in stone? Even if there is a point when lines struggles and force highly talented players to play bottom 6 minutes? I get it when it works it works and they just won a cup, but there will be a time when it needs to work better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad