GDT: Game #5 - Los Angeles Kings Vs Montreal Canadiens - Oct 17th 2024, 7:00pm EST - TSN2, RDS - In Memoriam

Status
Not open for further replies.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
100%

MSL is over his head. Enough with the love fest, time for an NHL coach to come in and teach this guys how to play in their own end.
Yeah I love MSL but he's an assistant/player development type, not a systems guy. Not sure if he'd accept a demotion but would love to keep him around in a different capacity.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Pulled an Ol'Craig that period. Zzzzzzzz.

When the Habs aren't physically engaged, they are a worse team overall. Throw an open ice hit or get into a scrap. This emotionless "work" is soul draining.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Mixture of both but if I ran the league I'd be actively working at a way to try and reduce the incentive to tank while trying to lower the age to UFA/promote trade activity because this shit has gotten extremely dull. Compare it to the NFL where even if you have a favorite team, you're excited to watch the games of everyone else and follow the action.
I feel this is kind of unfair to compare the NFL parity and rebuild timeline to the NHL. First there is definitely a bigger talent pool for football than for hockey, meaning this is more easily spread throughout teams. Then you get to draft player older so the draft is less of a shitshow. But I do prefer the shorter type of contract the NFL precognize

Edit: i am a dumbass. Mixed football and american football player pool

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoochi Papa

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
Terrien really was a f***ing clown
1000007937.jpg

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Once again, meh 2nd period. :laugh:
Let see how the 3rd looks like.

I don't trust starting on the PP thought.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Agreed. Habs have enough talent to NOT look that bad. They are not winning anything, but they should be a much better team on ice than what they are. This is ALL on the coaching staff.
A good coach can teach anyone how to play defensively. Shit, MSL needs to go.

This M Vs M crap is for pee wee hockey.

Reactions: The Real Timo

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Looking at Naturalstattricks habs "won" the 2nd period (in xGF% and CF%). So not actually a meh 2nd period.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Injuries may force Hugo to do a hard left on the rebuild plans

Dach looked like a core piece and he may still be but if he cant regain form, there js a huge void on the second line

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
100%

MSL is over his head. Enough with the love fest, time for an NHL coach to come in and teach this guys how to play in their own end.
MSL should have been an assistant coach not a head coach . Dude has no idea what to do. Even his assistant coaches have no idea.

Bro was coaching pee wee man. Big chance the guy they hired for the Rocket is the future head coach. Msl has no experience and it shows. He's scared to sit veterans.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Agreed. Habs have enough talent to NOT look that bad. They are not winning anything, but they should be a much better team on ice than what they are. This is ALL on the coaching staff.
What makes this worse is I cannot remember when we had really good coaching and I am 48. Most storied franchise can't get out of its own way and just get the best coach available. For the record I am french canadian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad