GDT: Game #5 - Los Angeles Kings Vs Montreal Canadiens - Oct 17th 2024, 7:00pm EST - TSN2, RDS - In Memoriam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I get rebuilds but looking around the league, I'm still surprised at how eager some fans be for them when you're looking at 500+ games of piss poor hockey.

The NHL needs a shakeup that would attempt to steer teams from tanking even more while encouraging player movement because I don't see how this stuff is good for the league. Lookinga 5+ years of crap hockey is just demoralizing for fans that aren't weirdos.

this is more fun than watching Moen on the first line for 4 years straight while promising us that this is what's needed to win a cup

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Because 5 years of growing pains > 3 decades of mediocrity.

That's not the point I'm making and regardless, the Habs aren't the only team in the league nor are there any guarantees of this bringing any sort of success.

I'm not advocating against rebuilds but I find that stuff brutal for fans around the league. Different sports but the NBA and the NFL are a lot more exciting in terms of movement and rise and falls.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Newhook did a good job filling the void left by Monahan last season. He needs to be back at Center. We can go back to Kirby down the road but it’s not working right now that 2nd line needs to get going.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I wonder if Dvorak has some sort of injury.

Yeah, he hasn't been great since he's come here, but he's been good on the dot, so him being bad is a surprise

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
That's not the point I'm making and regardless, the Habs aren't the only team in the league nor are there any guarantees of this bringing any sort of success.

I'm not advocating against rebuilds but I find that stuff brutal for fans around the league. Different sports but the NBA and the NFL are a lot more exciting in terms of movement and rise and falls.

I don't know if there's a fix, the flipside (and hockey often edges on that side) is a league that is just too random so nothing matters

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I get rebuilds but looking around the league, I'm still surprised at how eager some fans be for dumb when you're looking at 500+ games of piss poor hockey.

The NHL needs a shakeup that would attempt to steer teams from tanking even more while encouraging player movement because I don't see how this stuff is good for the league. Lookinga 5+ years of crap hockey is just demoralizing for fans that aren't weirdos.
With our #1 goaltender out indefinitely and our elite #1 defenseman, captain out plus the loss of our #2-3C in Danault and Kotkaniemi, and the dead last place of the Habs early 2021-2022, plus the anchor contract, what was the other option for Kent Hughes?

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Fiala being a POS last couple of shift, finally called for his stupidity

Gally helped him tho lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad